Adderall....

Options
2»

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    You will have a decrease in appetite and should actually lose a little weight while on it. It is a narcotic though and you have to be careful. It has addictive qualities. It also has some negative side effects so be careful. If on it long enough it can eat the lining of your stomach and give you acid reflux.

Adderall is classified as a "stimulant," not a "narcotic," which in the U.S. is used for opioids, e.g., morphine, codeine. All drugs have side effects and many, in the wrong hands, can have addictive qualities. (I don't mean "addiction" in the strict medical sense.)

I suggest that the OP Google the SEs of this medication. One should look up the contraindications and SEs before taking any medication.

I've known people who took Adderall; not all of them experienced the appetite suppressant effect.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A girl I work with was recently put on this. She was thin to begin with but now she looks like a walking skeleton. Waaaaaay to skinny. She thinks she looks good though, so there's that. *shrug*
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was put on adderall when I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 28. I did not like the side effects. I felt like I was on speed and I was really moody. It made me lose weight but I put the weight I lost back on plus a lot more when I stopped taking it. Be very careful.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Most medications for add and adhd kill your appetite. my little bro took forever to put on weight as a kid that we actually had a celebration when he hit 100 lbs