Am I on the right Track????

Currently i go to the gym 5 times a week. I always do 45 minutes of cardio, core exercises, and then I concentrate on 1 section of the body. For example tomorrow is legs. Saturday is arms.

I also swim laps 20 minutes a day 4 times a week. (just started this week)

I also keep my calorie deficate around 500-1000 a day. I only eat around 1500 calories a day.

Height: 71 inches

Body Fat 22.6%

BMI 29.5 ( as of 3 weeks ago)

My entire goal for my outcome is to to lose weight and get into better shape. The question I have is am i on the righ track or will i get better results from doing something different? Any advice would be helpful.

Replies

• Goosiesnougs
    Goosiesnougs Posts: 420
    Eat most of your exercise calories back is my advice........But I'm not pushing! It's your body. Just my 2 cents:)
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Eat most of your exercise calories back is my advice........But I'm not pushing! It's your body. Just my 2 cents:)

Is there a reason to eat them back?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Assuming your calorie burn estimates and calorie intake is accurate, then yes, you're doing fine.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member

Is there a reason to eat them back?

I would eat them back. until today I wasn't, and I just got really sick. Please eat SOME of them back.
  • logatha
    logatha Posts: 5
    My observation would be to make sure you are eating ENOUGH calories. You can probably drop weight quickly doing what you are doing, but in 1-2 weeks, I think you will realize you do not have enough energy to work out hard. You might want to stick with an 800 calorie defecit, or at least make sure the calories you ARE eating are healthy, well balanced, and working for you.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Goosiesnougs Posts: 420
    MFP calculates a deficit for you. 500 calories x 7 days = 3500 calorie deficit = 1lb. of weight per week.

Not an exact science, but it works for most people. You're a man as well and working out with that few calories isn't going to help your performance.......Not like that dirty bird!...I meant in the gym :blushing: