Tired, sore, and super hungry all the time - help?

Options
This isn't for me, this is for my boyfriend. He was complaining this morning about how he's been nothing but very tired, stiff, sore, and absolutely famished lately, and can't figure out why. He hasn't changed anything about his lifestyle lately, with the exception that I may be having a positive influence on his diet. :) He takes a multivitamin and sometimes maca, but I was thinking maybe starting protein powder would help him out somehow? Anyone have any other ideas? I know this isn't the doctor's office, but some basic, affordable advice is much appreciated.

Replies

• jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Is he eating enough calories? I have read men are supposed to eat a minimum of 1800 calories a day. Also, make sure his macros are good. Not too much sodium or sugar. A protein shake definitely wouldn't hurt especially post workout.
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    Is he eating enough calories? I have read men are supposed to eat a minimum of 1800 calories a day. Also, make sure his macros are good. Not too much sodium or sugar. A protein shake definitely wouldn't hurt especially post workout.

He's probably not eating enough calories, and I know that when he does, he's not eating the healthiest unless its something I prepare. He has an active job... maybe I'll start packing lunches for him haha. Thanks.
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    Bump
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    very tired, stiff, sore, and absolutely famished

very tired...possibly not eating enough or getting enough sleep.
    stiff, sore...possibly working out to much. he needs to add some rest days if he's constantly working out. he needs to stretch or warm up before workouts.
    famished...possibly not eating enough.

Kind of hard to say without knowing how much he eats and what kind of exercise he does.
  • LouisCyphre
    LouisCyphre Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't think there's enough information to provide any viable advice or suggestion. Can you provide more details on why he is sore, stiff, and tired?
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If this is new and he sees no reason for it, he should see his doctor. Those could be the symptoms of diabetes, among other diseases. A friend or relative with a diabetes monitor could check for him to make sure it's not too urgent to wait for an appointment.