How common is your name?

Options

Replies

• irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    n/a to get to the first link here at work, but my first and last name together are so common that there were 3 of us at my dermatologist's office (same middle name too), they had to seperate us via birthdays. There's one at another location in the global company I work for (different middle name), and I once had poice show up and ask me if I'd ever been to Georgia... yeah when I was 12! ... they left.

I also really hated in elementary school hearing my first name, turning around to answer, only to hear in the most snotty voice possible "I wasn't talking to youeewww!" grr.

So I named all my kids with the most unusual names I could come up with, but my next to the last one turned out everybody in that age group started using that first name. He has a last name for a middle name though so it makes up for it!
  • samida
    samida Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Only one of me! :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    There are 431,120 people in the U.S. with the first name Christina.
    Statistically the 133rd most popular first name.
    More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Christina are female.
    Names similar to Christina:
    Christiana
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    There are only 11 people in the US with my same name.

Not the most uncommon. :grumble:
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    There are133,255 people in the U.S. with my first name...Caroline.
    There are 7,698 with my last name.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    59, 573 with the same first name.

I thought my kids names are much less common though. Guess I'm not as original as I thought ;)

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Just one!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    •There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named ******* ********. Interesting.

In Canada, I know at least 4 but there could be a couple more. Most of us are the province of Quebec.

Family name: there are 1,984 people, being a very french name, it's interesting.

First name: There are fewer than 1,568 people in the U.S. with the first name Lyne.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm a one-and-only! Guess I better be good...the cops wouldn't have too hard of a time finding me!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    As my married name, there are 382 of me in the US. I'd have suspected more, my surname is a super common Irish name.

As my maiden name, there are only 19 of me in the US. This doesn't surprise me, my maiden surname is not common at all.

My first name is 182nd in popularity.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    LOL Hi common name. There are 1,877 people with the name Mary W******
  • finallyFIT_ForMe
    Options
    There are 655 of me; but only 1 of my daughter's name.....that's neat:)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Too funny:

Me:
    120 with my first and last name

My husband:
    1011 with his first and last name

My 7 year old:
    502 with his first and last name

My 4 year old:
    11 with her first and last name
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Fewer than 1 with my name hehe

Apparently, I have a huge family in Italy :) cool!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    There is only ONE of "me" in the USA :smile:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Only 16 of me in the US! :D
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    there are two or fewer Me's in the US. I think there are fewer. The world can only handle one of me!
  • Jaidee1979
    Jaidee1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    There are 45,464 people in the U.S. with my first name. There are 704,185 people in the U.S. with my last name. And there are 102 people in the U.S. with the same name as myself (first and last).

I don't think this is very accurate. Based on this information, I know 20% of the people with my same name (I know approx. 20 other people who have the same name as mines, mostly relatives). But then again I would have to take into account that the way my first name is spelled, is a misspelling. When properly spelled, there are only 32 people in the U.S. with my same name (first and last).
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    And the magic number is..........16, so i can claim that the other 15 were the guilty ones.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Just me with my name, 119 or fewer in the US with my last name and I'm almost positive they are all related to me...:laugh: