Back after injury

Options
Hi everyone.

I really hurt my knee training for a marathon (I may have pushed myself off the deep end just a little), and couldn't excercise for over a week. I'm easing back into it today, and noticed when I logged on to announce the good news that I didn't have half enough friends on here!

I'm 26, from Ireland, currently 147lbs (down from 174), and am doing bits and pieces of p90X, 30DS and c25k.

So if anyone has similar stats/excercise routines, or would just like to add me for ****s n giggles, please do!

Looking forward to meeting some new people on here.

Lyn xx

Replies

• tobeloved22781
    tobeloved22781 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also injured my knee about a month ago training for a 4 mile walk/run. I couldnt excercise for about 3 wks. I was doing the C25K and during a jog my knee hurt a little but I didnt want it to be an excuse so I kept going. BIG mistake - just got done with physical therapy today. I have since realized I will never be a runner so I am just going to focus on increase my walking speed. Right now I have been doing Zumba Rush on the Xbox Kinect. My husband has been doing Insanity and I would like to give that a try but had to wait for my knee to heal! Glad you are getting back in the swing of things!
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am just easing back into walking after hurting my knee too! (I'm obviously not as young as I think I am!) I'm also going to stick with walking until I lose another couple of stone, then try jogging again. I'm living in Scotland now but originated in Ireland, you can add me as a friend :flowerforyou: Good luck with getting over your injury