Can you relate to this?

Options
When I began this journey of EXERCISE I started with Zumba, and the weight came off, and I loved it. I loved Zumba and the intensity etc. OK...so ladies...you know that "skinny feeling"..you wake up and you feel "sunken in", your clothes feel good, you stand tall! Well, that was daily (hysterectomy...no monthly issues), then I added body pump and liked it...stayed consistent for about three months and was pleased. THEN,
INJURY....SURGERY...and poof, 6 months I am soft...started to workout again, and DID not commit..NOW

I have began a new journey. It has been 30 some days, I have alternated strength with jogging and speed walking. Inches are coming off, and I continually add new moves, but keep all workouts at 30 min due to crazy life...NOT AN EXCUSE...my schedule is off the chain.

The difference, and I am asking why...? I feel swollen, not SODIUM swollen, muscle achey swollen. ODD..its like I feel thick. Is this lactic acid? Is it due to me changing workouts so often? I do the 30 day shred, or kettle bells, or some other contortionist moves? Its difficult to explain, but if you can relate I would love to know is this my body changing? I feel tighter, but mind you I still have weight to loose. I still wake up to the DOMS, and usually I have this about 30 hours post workout. I want that less than feeling...can you relate?

DISCLAIMER..Do not have Lymes, Arthritis, or any blood disorder.

Replies

• Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't speak to the lady problems, but with the swollen, inflamed part... I know that all too well with the herniated discs and pulled muscles I'm dealing with while also continuing my fight training. One of the things I now swear by is an anti-inflammatory supplement from New Chapter Organics. It's called Zyflamend.

I use the original (large capsule - better bang for the buck). But now they have targeted versions for specific areas of health. They are pricey (about $90 for 180 capsules at Vitamin Discount Center), but I will gladly pay the price since they really do seem to help.

There may be other brands that are just as good and cheaper, but I don't know. But certainly worth looking into giving it a try.

Edit:

Also, since you do some nice lifting and kettlebell work, look into getting some good BCAA's as well. That will help with recovery. I personally use Optimum Nutrition's brand. But BCAAs are something you can find plenty of variety with.