Are you a slob or neat freak?

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    different areas get different levels of attention.

kitchen = clean ALWAYS
    bedroom = pretty clean
    dining table area = messy (I sit here all the time working on school stuff so there's books, papers, etc)
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    On the slob side, BUT there are certain items that I'm overly anal about their organization- Art supplies are always in a specific color order, Cosmetics are organized by type and color in small bins...
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I was a complete neat freak until the gym took over my life...now the house seems to get pushed to the back burner...
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Neat FREAK! I clean before and after the cleaning people come. I'm mental.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Total SLOB when it comes to my clothes being put away. Totally Anal about stuff on my desk and such being out of place.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I live by the old adage "A clean house is the sign of a wasted life" well that's my excuse for not doing my housework anyway. I am messy at home but OCD at work. Can't stand a messy desk. Weird.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My husband is a slob, which has pushed me into being not just neat, but pretty OCD about it. The money I pay a housekeeper to clean every 2 weeks is completely worth it and allows me to live in the same house as my husband (I am SO not joking).
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I go through neat freak phases..but for the most part I'm regular. House is untidy sometimes but never ever dirty. Huge difference.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    slob and packrat... bad combo. :ohwell:
    I have a horizontal filing system on my desk at home.... you can not see the desk for all the stacks of paper on it.
    I bought a Neat scanner to organize all of my papers..... it doesn't recognize things like they advertised so I perceive it will be too much work to get organized.... ugh what a vicious cycle. :noway:

My husband is a neat freak and some how has learned to tolerate my mess for 19 years. :heart:
  • linbaby4
    linbaby4 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm neat everywhere else in my house except for my room. My room looks like a bomb and tornado hit it. It's a mess but every time I try to clean it I end up finding things that I thought I lost and get distracted. It's a never ending battle :p
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    100% slob, but having kids means that I have to at least ATTEMPT to make the place decent. So I'm naturally a slob living in an "in between" household. :happy:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Neat freak and borderline OCD. I even clean before the cleaning lady comes (every two weeks). I can't take dirty or disorganization.

Slobs freak me out.:ohwell:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    OCD Neat Freak. I clean my house almost daily.

Me too. I actually get kinda annoyed when someone else offers to clean the house. I like to clean and on top of that I like things to be organized and cleaned MY way. I hate not being able to find something because the house is not in order..

This is totally me too. If it's not cleaned MY way, then I have to fix it! lol Hubby laughs because I even straighten pillows on the couch when someone gets up. He says 'They only went to the bathroom." lol He does admit, he likes having a clean home and knows I can always tell him where something is.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I was a neat freak until I met my husband.

I grew up in a household where "There's a place for everything and everything in its place!" If you put a glass down and walk away my mother picked it up and put it in the dishwasher in like a nano second. Her condo is SPOTLESS. My husband calls it "sterile". When I had my apartment there was never any clutter/papers/junk/what have you any where to be seen and everything was neat and orderly.

Then I moved in with my husband. *sigh*. He's a messy marvin. If Pig Pen and the Tasmanian Devil had a child it would be him. I tried so hard for the first few years to keep things neat and orderly and just ended up frustrated. Seriously, I was able to find my husband by the trail of clothes he left when he came into the house. I say our house is "messy" he says it's "lived in". He doesn't get my obsession with wanting things perfect however I will say that over the years I have adjusted and, well, I kind of let things be because if I don't then I will spend every waking second straightening things up. I do try to clean up the island in the kitchen of all the mail and clutter because it's beautiful and should be shown off. I still make the bed (almost) every day and while I straighten things out I'm not as obsessed as I used to be.

If you were to ask my husband if I were a neat freak he'd say no but the truth is I just kind of gave up. There are some battles that you just have to raise your hands in surrender to and this would be the one for me.

Side note: The one thing he does admire about me is the fact that I am very organized and I can tell him where anything is even if it's something that's been scooped up and filed away 10 years ago.

ETA: And "messy" does not equal "dirty" and we are by no means slobs. If a friend were to drop by out of the blue I wouldn't be embarrassed to have them in the house.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm in between. I'm much less b*tchy when the house is in order. It stresses me to no end to have a dirty home. I've even gone to my sisters house and said "Your house is nasty, can I clean it for you?". But at the moment, I would NOT invite anyone into my apartment. I've had stuffs going on and just haven't been able to clean like I like to.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A neat freak that keeps things messy because I'm also a masochist.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely say in between somewhere. The only time my house is messy is when I let things go and then feel overwhelmed. My first trimester of pregnancy my house was a disaster. It didn't help I couldn't stand the smell of cleaning products... I couldn't really stand the smell of anything. Now that I am 22 weeks and had maids come once to help me get back in order, it looks great...somewhat neat freak great.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    A neat freak that keeps things messy because I'm also a masochist.

I :heart: you! :laugh:
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    OCD Neat Freak. I clean my house almost daily.

Me too. I actually get kinda annoyed when someone else offers to clean the house. I like to clean and on top of that I like things to be organized and cleaned MY way. I hate not being able to find something because the house is not in order..

This is totally me too. If it's not cleaned MY way, then I have to fix it! lol Hubby laughs because I even straighten pillows on the couch when someone gets up. He says 'They only went to the bathroom." lol He does admit, he likes having a clean home and knows I can always tell him where something is.

yeah, ill admit i take pride in being the person that knows where everything is:tongue:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Not a neat freak, not a slob...though the 6 year old tornado that blows through my house hourly would beg to differ.