10 MINUTE TRAINER - TRIED IT?THOUGHTS?COMMENTS?

Options
Hey MFPals :happy:

I've never heard of 10 Minute Trainer before! I was at Sears last night & saw it with P90X & Insanity & all those crazy DVDs. I understand 10 minute is by the makers of P90X.

I'm interested in it because:

A) Short attention span
B)Highly doubt I would make it through the 60-90 minute P90X or Insanity workouts... due to my fitness level
C) Motivation! I Can go home & do 10-30 minutes... but if I new I had to do over an hour of intense work I probably wouldn't even bother most days & eventually quit.
C) It's way hella cheaper! about $69 compared to $179 for the others (Price isn't my main concern but I've never tried anything like this.. would hate to waste $179 for more coasters!)

I did visit the site: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/10_minute_trainer.do

Anybody tried this? I would like MFPs Feedback & thoughts though since you guys are all so honest & helpful & I love the open discussion.

Thank you :drinker:

Replies

• saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Anybody?? :(
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It's Tony Horton, I have no doubt that it can work for you to get you started. If 10mins is not enough you can do another workout. I love his P90X program, and this seems like a very compressed version of the types of exercises he usually does.

GL.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have it and have tried it....but it does not like me. I have a very bad back and for some reason when I do his routines it really hurts my back. Otherwise it is a really good system. :happy:
  • saintspoon
    Options
    I have it and have tried it....but it does not like me. I have a very bad back and for some reason when I do his routines it really hurts my back. Otherwise it is a really good system. :happy:

How does it work... do you do 1 10-minute workout a day.. or a few or what?
  • saintspoon
    Options
    It's Tony Horton, I have no doubt that it can work for you to get you started. If 10mins is not enough you can do another workout. I love his P90X program, and this seems like a very compressed version of the types of exercises he usually does.

GL.

That helps, thank you :)
  • blondiemama09
    Options
    I just got it and am starting it next week (I am just finishing up the 30DS this week). I plan on doing 2 videos per day, if not a 3rd.
  • saintspoon
    Options
    I just got it and am starting it next week (I am just finishing up the 30DS this week). I plan on doing 2 videos per day, if not a 3rd.

Oh I'll send a friend request to keep up with your progress!! Thank you :)
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've seen it and was going to try it but opted for the Jillian Michaels DVDs. Even with the 30DS which are 20 minute workouts I add cardio to shed some weight. The 30DS did change my body shape and wasn't too difficult to do.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    One of the members of my cycling team uses it and she loves it. She does 2 workouts twice a day so it fits into her schedule. I have not tried it myself, but I do love P90X and Insanity is my favorite of the BeachBody products.
  • saintspoon
    Options
    Hmmmmm, after all of this I think i may just go for 30 day shred instead LOL

Ah well... thanks for the feedback everybody :)
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my TMT. You can do one, two or three dvds a day. You will be sweating at the end of 10 minutes. You will feel it in your muscles the next day. It is very challengeing. I know you said in your last post the you were thinking about 30 day shred. I have heard that that is hard too. But I have also heard that it works just a certain muscles all the time. I can honestly say that TMT works everything. Good luck on what ever you decide.