Protein with Insanity?

Options
I'm a woman, 5'8 and 190 lbs. I'm 22. I was reading that protein shakes are good for doing Insanity. If I drink a protein shake with a scoop of whey protein, a cup of milk and a cup of mixed berries (maybe a bit of water to thin it out) will I still lose weight? This will fall within my diet guidelines and I will still be consuming the correct number of calories. I do not drink the results and recovery formula (this will be the replacement) and I will be drinking a shakeology probably for my midafternoon snack. Let me know, other than that I will be following the diet plan 100%

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    as long as it falls within your daily requirements, you'll be fine.

don't do shakeology. it's overpriced garbage. you'd be much better off picking up a whey protein powder, and getting a quality multivitamin or greens supplement.

I'd reccommend:
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad (multivitamin). They also make a greens supp if you're interested.
  • cmc199
    cmc199 Posts: 4
    Options
    IF I make a protein shake every day and drink that after working out is that basically Shakeology? I already bought 2 pouches off ebay so I'll give them a shot, but I would much rather buy a 50$ tub of protein than a 100$ pouch of shakeology. So basically does a protein shake with a multivitamin in the morning (which I already do) and some fruit in the shake equal the Shakeology? Thanks so much.
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    Yes you will be fine!!!
    I've completed 3 rounds of Insanity and I bought a whey protein shake from GNC and had one every morning after insanity with skim milk & ate a little something with it and I still lost. Protein is great for post-workout and plus you'll feel full longer. Don't worry so much :) Good luck!!