Strenuous exercise

Options
I am just getting into exercise and eating right my brother in law gave me so info on a energy drink. In the information they claim that strenous exercise produces free-radicals in our bodies causing heart disease, diebetes and cancer. They claim their drink made from Acia berry has antioxidants that counter free-radicals.

I am confused i have started a HIIT program everything i have read seems to indicate this is good for the body, the program includes eating healthy. I have not read where it can cause such health problems.

I started this because two month ago i was told i have type 2 diebetes, in that time i have dropped 18 pounds and am starting to feel better. But now i am conserned am i causing myself future problems? As i am new at this can someone help clear things up?

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor, get a physical and show him the exercises your planning on doing. In my non-medical opinion, Acia is just another antioxidant. Which is good, but I doubt you're going to cause yourself any damage by doing exercise, UNLESS you medically aren't in shape to do strenuous exercise.

Again, go to your doctor. You should also take along the info you have from the energy drink company. Good luck!
  • Bobhall
    Bobhall Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the advice i have been to the doctor twice in the last two plus months and she is very pleased with my progress. She has taken my off one med and said in a few months maybe i won't need the other. This, plus lossing wait without a crazy diet has really kept me going. When i started about 10 weeks ago i could only walk 10 min at a time. Now i can do 45-60 min. Really feeling good about the way things are headed. Then reading that strenous exercise can casue health problems like diebetes just kind of takes the wind out of my sail. Maybe it is just a sales tactic but again as i am new to all this I figured somebody esle may have worked through this type of stuff.

By the way i am following the doctors advise and working my way up i currently am only doing six 30 sec sets with 60 sec rest in between. Once i have that down I'll move to the next level. I wanted to burn more fat so i added the HIIT program to my exercise.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Then reading that strenous exercise can casue health problems like diebetes just kind of takes the wind out of my sail. Maybe it is just a sales tactic
    That would be my guess. Keep doing what you're already doing...it's working. Great job!
  • Bobhall
    Bobhall Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks i will forget about it for now. By the way amy and JDHINAZ you guys are doing great with the 40 and 27 pds lost. That is very encouraging I hope to be there some day.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You WILL be here someday!