anyone into green tea?

Options
13»

Replies

• big_drake
    big_drake Posts: 78
    Options
    I love green tea. When I drink it hot I don't sweeten it at all. If I drink it cold I'll throw in some honey or agave maybe. I also love green tea ice cream.
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I drink roughly 3 cups of green tea a day...I sometimes by flavored ones to help with taste...but look it...I don't drink them for taste...I drink them to supress my hunger pangs, caffeine to stay focus, and keep my motabolism sped up.

Do they have enough caffeine for that?

Green Tea has roughly 30-40mg of caffeine per 8oz

yup...and I sometimes use two tea bags..one bag is a blue berry green tea...and the other is a strong japanese green tea that has nearly 50mg of caffeine.

I can see the benefits with two bags then! Compared to coffee though its much better

Yup...but I cant drink black coffee...if I have coffee...it's going to be girly..no disrespect...but it's going to be something like a caramel mocha latte..must have the whip cream and chocolate drizzle...mmmmm

Haha that is a bit girly :wink: more of a hot chocolate person if I'm having cream and marshmellows
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I hated green tea when i first started drinking it. Green tea has been a big part of my family life for years though, my dad started drinking about a pot of it a day maybe more when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour in the late 90's. Anyway, i hated it at first but after a while it grows on you. Now? I work 9 hour night shifts that end at 3am and typically drink anywhere from 2-6 cups of green tea a night so i'm not snacking on everything in sight (I work in a Mr. Sub, so... basically Subway).
  • StrongerNC
    StrongerNC Posts: 13
    Options
    Have you tried Oolong (Wulong) tea? It is said to have the same benefits of green tea, and but it actually works even better to help metabolize fat, so "they" say. Mostly I drink it because green tea is a bit too bitter, I get tired of plain water everyday and am trying to get away from drinks with artifical sweeteners. I make it hot in the mornings, then drink it throughout the day, or I drink a cup at night. I actually prefer it at room temperature.
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Oolong (Wulong) tea? It is said to have the same benefits of green tea, and but it actually works even better to help metabolize fat, so "they" say. Mostly I drink it because green tea is a bit too bitter, I get tired of plain water everyday and am trying to get away from drinks with artifical sweeteners. I make it hot in the mornings, then drink it throughout the day, or I drink a cup at night. I actually prefer it at room temperature.

where do you get yours from?
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Could be the type of tea you're drinking.

Loose leaf will bring out the best flavour.

Also, you could possibly be burning it if you're steeping it in boiling hot water.

I drink green tea every day, unsweetened. Tastes better than most juices!
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Is there some benefit to lemon-flavour that I'm missing?
    I love love love green tea, I have a cup hot first thing at work, then switch to an iced black-green mixture.
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try to drink 3 cups of green tea a day - oddly enough I actually like the taste much to the dismay of friends and family. I don't like to sweeten it as I think it just defeats the object of trying to be healthier.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    A lot of people burn green tea with boiling water, 85c is the most you should steep green tea ate, it takes on a bitter taste is the water is too scalding.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i'm like lipton's gojiberry and raspberry green tea. Its yummy and sweet without sugar. try the fruitier flavors if you don't like the lemon.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I bought some Green Tea and I have to say it was pretty awful.
    I now have a Jasmine Green Tea and I quite like it :D
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    i do the diet green tea with citrus from lipton its really good
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    A lot of people burn green tea with boiling water, 85c is the most you should steep green tea ate, it takes on a bitter taste is the water is too scalding.

^^ Very true! I'll add to this by saying over-boiling water reduces the oxygen, which will change the taste as well - so always use fresh water in your kettle :)