I HATE exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Rest easy. Weightloss is 70% food....the rest is exercise. If you eat right, you shouldnt have to slog it out at the gym. 30 mins of walking a day is enough, but if you want to tone up etc......then thats different.
  • Kugara_fit
    Kugara_fit Posts: 1
    Options
    It's ironic that I came across this topic- I just read a book saying, "No one has the time to run if he or she doesn't want to find it. If you want to run, you make the time and stick to it."

You want to lose weight, but don't like gyms because of the time it takes, the process and possibly the time either early or late you would have to go to do it. You seem to walk dogs alot and like to go outdoors, and are interested in trying to do calorie restriction to lose weight.

Calorie restriction is great, if done properly and weight loss can be even better if you do some sort of exercise. Walking outdoors at night can't hurt- just do 30 minutes several days a week and put it on your calender so you will remember and then- do it. If you choose to go to a gym, you may opt for that dry shampoo, DO and a bunch of body wipes if you hate showering afterwards so much. If you hate treadmills, don't use them. I don't like them either, I prefer jogging outside and it does wonders for me.

If you want to restrict calories, I would stop focusing on the number of pounds you want to lose, and just focus for now on eating healthy. A lot of people worry about the number on the scale, and not how they feel. You don't have to go cold turkey, and give up the cake or something. Just eat more veggetables and fruit, cut back on saturated fat, eat whole grains. Focus on being positive and the weight will come off.

Simply committing to walking consistantly outdoors several days a week, eating healthy options for now will do the trick. Exercise is not murder, there are ways to have fun with it, just experiment with it and maybe it won't be that bad. A lot of people do Zumba late at night and that feels great.

I apologize if I sound curt, but validating why you hate exercise is NOT going to make you lose weight. And I don't want you to try some crazy diet or ... a diet at all since it will only discourage you and you will like everyone else, give up.