Clean eating?

Options
SERIOUSLY??? Would someone define this for me??? Last time I checked my food is not dirty.

Replies

• losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    cleaning while eating????
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Eat healthy, whole foods, preferably of the single ingredient variety.
  • DrGeriK
    DrGeriK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    www.eatcleandiet.com It is a good diet or should I say way of eating. I don't follow it 100%, but I do feel better when I get more of that type of food in. Friday night is still pizza night at our house though!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/what-is-clean-eating/

Here is a link that I like that explains it well.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY??? Would someone define this for me??? Last time I checked my food is not dirty.
    You've got it right. "Clean eating" is, quite simply, a meaningless term,, because every definition of "clean food" is different. I avoid "diet labels" like the plague.
  • kathybes
    kathybes Posts: 1
    Options

You trying to say I'm washing my fruits and vegetables for NO reason? And that's not dirt on my potatoes?
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options

You trying to say I'm washing my fruits and vegetables for NO reason? And that's not dirt on my potatoes?

That is what mean. I am like, I wash my fruits and veggies. What on earth does it mean besides that?
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It means whatever you want it to mean. It's art.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It means foods that don't have a lot or any additives to 'clutter' them up - hence, they are 'clean'. It's just a term that stuck for whatever reason.

More natural foods, less processed, prepacked, ready to eat foods. But not so natural that you don't wash the dirt off. :tongue:

From eHow:

"Clean eating" is practiced by bodybuilders and health-conscious people alike. Clean foods are natural, free of added sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and anything else that is unnatural and unnecessary. Many people use this diet as a way to lose weight. Used as a way of life, clean eating can make you feel healthy and full of energy. Follow these simple steps to start eating clean.

Read more: How to Eat Clean | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2049770_eat-clean.html#ixzz1tr7wyrXt
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I took it as no processed food. Eat things in their natural form.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

That is what mean. I am like, I wash my fruits and veggies. What on earth does it mean besides that?
    Read this:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'll pass. I like my processed sugars. HAHAHAH
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    natural. whole foods, no processed or fast foods.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It means foods that don't have a lot or any additives to 'clutter' them up - hence, they are 'clean'. It's just a term that stuck for whatever reason.

More natural foods, less processed, prepacked, ready to eat foods. But not so natural that you don't wash the dirt off. :tongue:

From eHow:

"Clean eating" is practiced by bodybuilders and health-conscious people alike. Clean foods are natural, free of added sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and anything else that is unnatural and unnecessary. Many people use this diet as a way to lose weight. Used as a way of life, clean eating can make you feel healthy and full of energy. Follow these simple steps to start eating clean.

Read more: How to Eat Clean | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2049770_eat-clean.html#ixzz1tr7wyrXt
    Sounds like south beach diet. :-)
  • avachica
    avachica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    haha