Is ripped in 30 worth all the pain???

Options
Ive only done 2 days of ripped in 30. I also did my regular cardio workout before ripped so I was warmed up and stretched out. I was so sore today I couldnt get up early to go to the gym...I never miss my work out. Maybe I should wait untill im in better shape or maybe start with an easier DVD. Im not one to QUIT, or Give up ...but I'm really sore. I'm feeling a bit better now and am planning on cutting back some on the cardio in the morning and try it again...Any advise???...Help!!!!

Replies

• Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of ripped in 30. After the first 2 days, I felt the same as you. I couldn't even sit down or walk up the stairs without extreme pain! I rested for two days, and then started up again-- and guess what? It got a lot better! I am doing three days on, 1 day of rest. I already feel so much better! Today, my workout was nearly painless, even a little boring! I can't wait for the next level. It is amazing how our bodies change. Take a day or two of rest, and then get back in the game! You will be glad you did :)
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 and not doing it every day - aiming for 3-4x a week, with body weight exercises on the other days. I definitely agree with Talazws that taking rest days will help loads :)
  • Marebare74
    Marebare74 Posts: 57
    Options
    I did a full 30 of the 30 day shred a few months ago. After about 4-5 days the pain subsides, even when you go to the harder workouts. I was gonna try it again, but two days in and I was way bored with he routine. Tonight I bought ripped in 30 to try something different. I like it way better, more variation in the strength circuit.
    Let me tell you that that other 30 days did make a huge difference.... My metabolism was way up and I know my core and upper body were way stronger, so I say yes this pain is totally worth it in the end! Stick it out, you will amaze yourself!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Is ripped in 30 on Youtube? I'd like to try it out. Thanks :smile:
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Im on day 19 of the shred and I had the exact same pain you speak of. It DOES go away so stick at it! Im doing ripped in 30 next! Can't wait to get started! Results are fab!

Microfiber some of the ripped in 30 is shown on the fitness channel on sky if you are in UK.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options

Microfiber some of the ripped in 30 is shown on the fitness channel on sky if you are in UK.

Thanks. I'll check it out :drinker:
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've completed 30 day shred so thought ripped would be similar. I did week 1 no problem, my arms were a bit sore but not too bad. Week 2 I gave up after 1 day. My upper body strength and core strength just isn't strong enough to do a lot of the exercises. So yes I quit, have joined a gym, will do 30 day shred again in June then try ripped in 30 again.
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It takes a day or two to get used to every level but it is doable. Just follow the modifications. I am on Level 3 Day 5 and going strong. I have not lost any weight but have lost 8 inches at my half way point.