JUNE 30TH CHALLENGE

Options
Hello everyone !!!

For our first challenge i know a lot of us want to get rid of that lovely tire that is stuck around our waist so i want us to focus on our abs, and getting them in shape for summer... It's Takes 1000 Crunches to burn 3,500 calories which is 1 pound of fat..I don't know if everyone is able to do that many i know i personaly can't but i want all of us to set a goal for them selves and see how many we can do by the end of the week. Also since it's starting to warm up drink plenty of water! Also what is everyone's goal for the month of July? I hope everyone will have fun with this challenge and keep everyone motivated on working hard towards their goals...

My goal is to lose 8 pounds by July 31st
My Current weight is 164
My goal weight is 156 by end of july....

I also want to be able to do around 100 crunches a day!!!!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
    I hate crunches!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I do like the way my abs feel after total attacking myself with crunches...
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I agree i hate crunches also and that's why i picked it for the first challenge cause i know that alot of us struggle with our abs , working our legs, and arms is easier then our abs and i want everyone to see results in their waistline.. I know mine needs a lot of work :happy:
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    Great challenge!

My goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of July :bigsmile: I hope to make it cus things have been moving pretty slow for me.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Good idea!!! And I always wondered how many calories burned = how many pounds lost, lol!!! So is it that way with any excersise??? 3,500 calories burned = 1 pound lose??? Well, i'm in!!! My goal will be to do 50 crunches the first few days then slowly work it up to no less than 100/day!!! My ultimate goal for July is to lose 12 pounds (I better start doing my crunches now, lol)
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    HERE ARE SOME GREAT AT HOME AB WORKOUTS WE ALL CAN DO...

Exercise 1: Lay on your back on a flat surface on a floor mat and move your legs as if you are cycling. This workout is very affective for reducing abdominal fat. Do 3 sets of 5 minutes.

Exercise 2: Lay on your back on a flat surface on a floor mat and raise your legs such that they are vertical with the floor. Lift your hips in the air slightly, hold for 5-10 seconds. Do 5 sets of 15 reps.

Exercise 3: Lay on your back on a carpeted floor with your hands behind your head. Raise your upper body towards your knees. Hold for 2 seconds, then return to the starting position. Do 5 sets of 15 reps.

Exercise 4: Lay on your back on a flat surface on a floor mat with your hands behind your head. Contract your abdominal part. Hold for 2 seconds, then return to the starting position. Do 5 sets of 15 reps.

Exercise 5: Lay on your back on a carpeted floor with your hands behind your head. Put your feet on a bench or chair such that upper legs make a 90 degree angle. Lift your upper back off of the ground and contract your abdominal part.

Exercise 6: Lay on your back on a flat surface on a floor mat with your hands on sides of your back. Move your legs as if you are cycling. Do it for 5 minutes daily.

Exercise 7: Lay on your back on a flat surface on a floor mat with your hands on sides of your back. Curl your head up. Don't use any pressure from your arms to lift yourself. After some practice, start placing your hands gently to the sides of your head, when doing each curl up.

Exercise 8: Post natal Exercise: If your abdominal growth is after your delivery, you should alternately contract and relax the abdominal, pelvic and perineal muscles to strengthen them. For this pull in the abdomen as hard as you can and keep it 10 seconds before relaxing. You can do this contracting and relaxing exercise while sitting, lying, or standing.
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi! This seems like the perfect challenge for me... and I really want to drop 10 llbs by my birthday (July 29th) so this challenge would be perfect...:flowerforyou: Hope you don't mind if I jump in!!!

Weight Goal: 137.0 LBS (July 30th)
    Water Goal: 8 - 10 Cups / Day
    AB Goal: 100 Crunches / Day
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,435 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge! I also have some DVD's that I plan on using that incorporate all types of different crunches. Will probably use those to help with the 1000 crunch goal. :wink: My goal is to get 10 lbs off this body by the end of July.

July Goals:

Weight: Current 165 Ending 155
    Water Goal: 8-12 Cups/Day
    Ab Goal: 100 Crunches/Day
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello!!! :laugh: :tongue: :happy:

My starting weight is 246; gw is 239; I also am doing the 30 day shred so I will get ab work in there but I will try to incorporate another ab workout in to do the ab challenge!! :blushing:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Great i can't wait to see how everyone is doing by the end of the week.. :smile:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    May I join??? What do yall do?? When are weigh ins??

current weight: 156

goal weight for challenge: 145

11 lbs

goal weight:135
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Yes Buffjess you are always welcomed.. I just started this challenge and for this week we are working on our abs... it's take's 1000 crunches to burn 1 pound of fat.. so my goal is to do 100 crunches a day to get close to even burning that many calories. But i also want people to focus on toning and also to drink up on water! That will help with working out and burning calories... I want everyone to weigh in on july 31st because weighing every week gets people down if they haven't lost any weight and then they seem to fade from working out so much... so i would just like everyone to put their starting weight, goal weight and then on july 31st we will post how much weight we lost.. I'll be posting a new challenge every week... so starting July 7th i'll post week 2 &3 because they go together and then our final week I hope you join... and please if you have any idea's of what challenge you would like to see let me know!!
  • buffjess
    Options
    yayyy im so excited!!! A group i was in before did something i thought was really neat but its just a suggestion so do with it what u want..They had small daily challenges like drink 8 glasses of water today, or no sweets, no bread, eat all ur fruits and veggies, etc.....Just thought i would share! Jessica
  • arceope
    arceope Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds good. My waist needs a lot of work so this is perfect. My goal is to do 200 crunches everyday. I also joined another challenge thru myfitnesspal to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred everyday for a month. My goal is to loose at least 5 pounds in July. 8 pounds would be awesome!! I am currently at 165 pounds and my waist measurement is 36.5.
  • buffjess
    Options
    Also is our teams name gonna be June 30 challenge?? Just wondering if you were gonna post under that or a differnt one since we r in july..Also do you create a new thread daily or weekly?
  • spartidax
    spartidax Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in..... My goal is to work up to 100 crunches a day. Probably only able to do 50 right now, but I'll push myself. My other goal is to lose 8 lbs in July.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Im going to keep the challenge called JUNE 30th challenge only cause that's when we started and i know a couple of people where looking for that headline... Also i like the idea of every day doing setting goals like that... I might use that for weeks, 2,3,and 4... This week i really just want to focus on working out our abs and drinking a lot of water! :drinker: :smile: But i will keep that in mind about starting daily mini goals next week..
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    ahh, found it! Crunches, i need them,, good challenge!

Height 5'6.5" Age=45
    July 1st starting weight = 148lbs
    July 31st goal weight = 140lbs

This is a big goal but I have alot of races and biking planned, so I hope that helps!
    July 4 - Brickyard 5miler
    July 11- Valpo Triathlon (sprint)
    July 25 - Buckley 5 miler
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!

I need to work out my middle and get my water intake back up. I want to work in 100 crunches a day and 8 - 10 8oz glasses of water a day!

SW 190
    July goal 185
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I hope every one had a great day yesterday and was able to get some crunches in, and water!!! :drinker: Also with the 4th of July coming up we all will be faced with hard decision with saying no to those cup cakes so i encourage everyone to try to get a workout in the morning of the 4th just so you can enjoy your day knowing you at least worked out :happy:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    leann - you are my hero!!! Wow!!! That's a lot of races in just 1 months time. Good Luck!!!

I had a great week so far, but yesterday I waited too long to eat and went to Jason's Deli and got a loaded baked potato for dinner!!! Of course it KILLED all of my calories (including the ones I earned from working out)!!! But today is a new day...I have been drinking my water so far and I worked out this morning (30 day shred). Today will be better!!!