anyone trying to control cortisol or using lean xtreme?

Options
Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
I drink alot of coffee. Am also cutting and have some of the stubborn fat to go. Have read about coffee and its effects on my cortisol levels. Cant really see cutting the coffee yet so I am looking for alternatives.

Just heard about lean xtreme.

Anyone using it? results?

here is some info-

http://getds.com/FAQ-s/lean-xtreme-faq

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'd be more interested in why coffee is causing high levels of cortisol to enter the bloodstream
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I'd be more interested in why coffee is causing high levels of cortisol to enter the bloodstream

Just an educated guess here... but caffeine can cause anxiety and nervousness if consumed in large amounts. It can also cause sleeplessness at night even when you want to sleep. All of this would be perceived by the body as a 'stressor' and would trigger the release of cortisol, which combats stress.

I have absolutely no idea what lean xtreme is... but I don't believe in magic... so unless it somehow blocks cortisol release and/or inhibits cortisol binding to the glucocortico receptor... or interacts with GABA receptors in the brain to produce an anxiolytic effect... or something similar... I'm not seeing how it's gonna help with high cortisol.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I googled coffee and cortisol and there is a boat load of studies and articles about how the acids in coffee (some say it isnt actually the caffeine) can raise cortisol levels which interfere with metabolizing or burning fat.

lean xtreme claims one of its ingredients limits cortisol secretion. I did not find any conclusive research to support or deny this claim. Its a bit expensive (about a dollar a day) but has a respectable dose of green tea extract in addition to the ingredient for the cortisol