20 pounds of fat gone. 5-10 more to go.

Options
Skinny_Beans
Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
I'm a 5'4 female, and was at 145 last winter. I was overeating, depressed, in an unhealthy relationship, ect. The weight slowly piled on. I had never worried about it before, and before I knew it my stomach was it's own separate entity, swollen and all consuming.

Well, I broke off the bad relationship, stopped eating junk, and turned to exercise as a way to fight loneliness and depression. After almost 6 months i've lost 20 pounds.

I know that's not a lot, but it was the difference between a normal bmi and an almost overweight one. As well as all the crippling low self esteem I had from the weight gain. I'm now working towards becoming leaner, my goal this month is to drop two more pounds or an inch off my stomach or arms!

WARNING-super unflattering photos! I don't really care though, there are some pretty flattering ones floating around in the internet already ;)

http://i.imgur.com/1bHZu.jpg

Replies

• gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing, great job!
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good job. Keep up the hard work...you look great.

Good luck and keep moving.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Looks good!

I'm a 5'4 female, and was at 145 last winter. I was overeating, depressed, in an unhealthy relationship, ect. The weight slowly piled on. I had never worried about it before, and before I knew it my stomach was it's own separate entity, swollen and all consuming.

Well, I broke off the bad relationship, stopped eating junk, and turned to exercise as a way to fight loneliness and depression. After almost 6 months i've lost 20 pounds.

I know that's not a lot, but it was the difference between a normal bmi and an almost overweight one. As well as all the crippling low self esteem I had from the weight gain. I'm now working towards becoming leaner, my goal this month is to drop two more pounds or an inch off my stomach or arms!

WARNING-super unflattering photos! I don't really care though, there are some pretty flattering ones floating around in the internet already ;)

1bHZu.jpg
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    congratulations on giving yourself a better life, and a healthier one! Keep up the good work
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    :D Thanks guys! And sorry I couldn't post the pics properly.
  • cowchick4_fun
    Options
    that's awesome. hey 20 lbs is 20 lbs gone that you worked hard to loose. loosing isn't easy and takes hard work and dedication and a healthier choice of eating. i have been going at it for my self for the last 45 days and i have lost almost 13 lbs. i started MFP back in Aug. of 2011 and since then i have lost about 27 lbs all together. so not bad at all. it didn't help that i stopped being on here for many months and then started back in march and i have been at it since. i started back in Aug. at 250 lbs and am now down to 222 lbs. so keep up the awesome work your doing great.
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!