Post weight loss surgery?

Options
Before I decided to lose the weight, my plan was to save up for a "mommy makeover" in LA... boob lift and tummy tuck. Now that I'm losing the weight, I'm wondering, will it even be necessary?

Ladies, the ones who had/have the "pouch" that hangs over your waistline... does it go away? Or does it just turn into skin? I've seen people on TV get their excess skin removed but that's also people who were upwards of 400 pounds. I only started at 212! I'm already planning on starting some intense ab workouts soon. I still really want the boob lift, but what about the pouch?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. But since you are young, if you dont lose the weight too quickly and start doing strength training now most if not all of it should look great when you are done. Also it seems to take a little while for your body to catch up with the weight loss . So it might take 4-10 mths after you reach your goal weight before your skin is completely tightened and firm. You can do it, looking forward to seeing your success story
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water...I'm 50 now...and lost almost 100 pounds and really don't looks so bad : ) Good luck!
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Thank you mommie, I didn't know that! And Christine, that's something I didn't think about. I've been drinking a ton of water lately after years of a bad soda habit and noticed my skin is silky soft now. Didn't think about it helping my tummy get back into shape!
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    For me, it hasn't disappeared at all, has turned into a flap of loose skin and the only way I'll be able to get rid of it is to get it cut off as there's no fat underneath, it's just skin :sad:
    Don't let that put you off though, I've seen lots of posts on here about the opposite happening, it just all depends on YOUR body. I'm just unlucky......
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I started out at 304 lbs. and have lost 99 lbs. so far. I definitely have the hanging stomach. I have another 55 lbs. to lose and hope that it goes away.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Thank you for the input Smokey! That's got to be really the only bad thing about the weight loss!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. But since you are young, if you dont lose the weight too quickly and start doing strength training now most if not all of it should look great when you are done. Also it seems to take a little while for your body to catch up with the weight loss . So it might take 4-10 mths after you reach your goal weight before your skin is completely tightened and firm. You can do it, looking forward to seeing your success story

i am 27, would i still be able to continue with strength training and get rid of the excess skin, once i'm at my goal?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!