Mocking?

Options
ElizaRoche
ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
Ever find people in the forums.. and when you see their tickers you get like ´wtf??´...

I just saw a ticker thats going from 107.5lbs to 105 lbs. Seriously???... I feel like they are trolling AND mocking about us people that have to lose way more. You gotta join a site like this (ok not a problem with that), and show so proud your ticker that shows you are away your goal weight by 2.5 lbs... COME ON!!!!

Replies

• jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I can understand why you might feel that way. But...what if that person joined this site after years of weight-loss efforts elsewhere? They may be on the last leg of a very long journey. We don't know the whole story.

My 20# loss may seem insignificant to you, but it was important to me, just as someone else's 5# or 2# may be important to them. I don't know why you would think they would be "mocking" you.

Great job on your 35# loss, btw!
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    I dont think the one I saw had a case of morbid obesity... perfect legs, perfect tummy, arms...
    I feel more like she has always been a skinny girl, obsessed with her weight that ate too much one weekend and cant stand having 2.5 extra pounds.
    And thanks!.. another 35 to go! :smile:
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    I dont think its mocking at all, everyone has their own goal, and some people just want to tone up or even mantain, some people even want to gain weight!

Sounds like you are jealous, rather than people mocking you.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Could also just be someone who's not very computer-savvy who's not set it up properly?
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    A really good explanation that made it finally make sense to me is that this site is called "my FITNESS pal", not "my WEIGHT-LOSS pal". While it's really good for aiding in weight loss, that's not the site's sole purpose - it's here for fitness. If you look in settings, in the drop-down box where most of us have "lose 2lb a week" or "lose 1lb a week" there is actually the option to GAIN weight as well.

This is a site helping us to become as FIT as we can, not as SLIM as we can. When that clicked for me (and it should have clicked earlier, probably, but I AM here to lose weight AND get fit) my experience in the community suddenly had a lot more perspective.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Tickers don't show your weight....they show how much you lost or gained...or am I missing something
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    I dont think its mocking at all, everyone has their own goal, and some people just want to tone up or even mantain, some people even want to gain weight!

not at all jealous.. Ill be there soon.. I just think its uhm how to call it, tacky? being lots of people in here trying to lose 100+ lbs
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    So people only wanting to lose a tiny bit aren't allowed?! How does this have anything to do with you? o.O Honestly confused. So what if someone only has a little bit to lose to get to where they are comfortable.

<--- trying to lose 2 maybe 3 pounds. So I look better for summer.
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    Tickers don't show your weight....they show how much you lost or gained...or am I missing something

Well that one did.. 107.5
    105 lbs.
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    So people only wanting to lose a tiny bit aren't allowed?! How does this have anything to do with you? o.O Honestly confused. So what if someone only has a little bit to lose to get to where they are comfortable.

I never said u werent allowed, please read my post.
  • HealthyHappyDoll
    Options
    Why does it matter? And who are you to say what is right and wrong? Next time before you open your mouth, think. Everyone has the right to use this site! xox :-P

22275419.png
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

Well that one did.. 107.5
    105 lbs.

Are you sure that wasn't total weight lost?
    Options

So am I trolling and mocking you because i'm thin? Seems like you have your own issues to work out.

This is a site for ALL sizes and goals. So just because some have a lot they want to lose doesn't make our goals "tacky"
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So, what is an appropriate level of weight someone needs to lose to be on this site and not be tacky?
  • ElizaRoche
    Options

So am I trolling and mocking you because i'm thin? Seems like you have your own issues to work out.

This is a site for ALL sizes and goals. So just because some have a lot they want to lose doesn't make our goals "tacky"

I guess you people got my post in a complete different meaning. If you cant understand what I meant.. well , what can I do.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Few things that might help

1) You don't know the persons situation. Those 2.5 lbs might be the end of the trail for them after losing like 200 lbs on their own without the site.

2) They might just use the site so that they don't get overweight. Some people do that and they're just taking care of themselves before things go wrong.

3) This isnt a WEIGHT LOSS site its a FITNESS site. While most of the topics on MFP discussed here is for weight loss, you have to remember that there are members who're trying to gain muscle and lose fat.

4) and this is an important one...why would anyone care? If they're trolling, dont reply them. If you think its too small of a goal to worry about, then don't put them on your friends list or ignore them on the forums (theres literally an option of ignore that you can use so you never have to see the persons posts...ever). If you think they're showing off their 2.5 lbs of progress..once again, why does it affect you? Be happy for them, take it as a motivation and move on :0

Hope it help
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options

not at all jealous.. Ill be there soon.. I just think its uhm how to call it, tacky? being lots of people in here trying to lose 100+ lbs
    ]

She's close to her goal weight - how can that be tacky?
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm 125lbs and may or may not want to lose another 5lbs. Guess I'd better haul my bony *kitten* off the forums then, since I'm not 'worthy' of the website apparently.

Oh wait, no I don't have to. Because last time I checked this was called MyFITNESSPal, not MyWEIGHTLOSSPal or The Biggest Loser. We're all on here for different reasons. Some people merely want to get fitter (like me, I really don't care about those 5lbs, I care about being fitter), some people want to build muscle. Sorry we're not all on here to lose upwards of 100lbs.
    Options
    Few things that might help

1) You don't know the persons situation. Those 2.5 lbs might be the end of the trail for them after losing like 200 lbs on their own without the site.

2) They might just use the site so that they don't get overweight. Some people do that and they're just taking care of themselves before things go wrong.

3) This isnt a WEIGHT LOSS site its a FITNESS site. While most of the topics on MFP discussed here is for weight loss, you have to remember that there are members who're trying to gain muscle and lose fat.

4) and this is an important one...why would anyone care? If they're trolling, dont reply them. If you think its too small of a goal to worry about, then don't put them on your friends list or ignore them on the forums (theres literally an option of ignore that you can use so you never have to see the persons posts...ever). If you think they're showing off their 2.5 lbs of progress..once again, why does it affect you? Be happy for them, take it as a motivation and move on :0

Hope it help

Perfect!

Plus 2-3 pounds on me is actually a bit more than you would think. So even if someone is not 100% satisfied with their own body (we are our own worst critics!) and wanted to drop just a tiny bit, no problem there either. That is what this site is meant for
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    Sighs... GOOD NIGHT.. you people dont understand what I say.

All I say is that if I was her, looking to lose 2.5 in a site used by fat people (yeah its a fitness site but 75% of the people in here is cause they wanna lose weight and thats a fact) looking to lose even more than 100 lbs, I wouldnt put my ticker to show in every post... common sense, 2.5 is nothing, I lost 2.8 lbs in 4 days so what!

so bye bye again, hope you have pleasant dreams about losing your.5lbs, 1lb or 2lbs.........:smile::flowerforyou: :smooched: