Low-Calorie Apple Snickers Dessert

Options
08sweek
08sweek Posts: 38 Member
Although the Snickers make this a little less healthy than it could be, this dessert is easy to make with a number of variations (including without the Snickers for a much healthier version). I adapted it from my step mother who always uses butterscotch pudding and red apples.

3 granny smith apples, peeled and cut up
1 oz box of sugar-free Jell-o instant pudding (I like to use White Chocolate or Cheesecake)
1 container Lite Cool Whip
2 regular size Snickers bars

I cut the apples and snickers into small pieces and tossing them together in a bowl. I then mix the thawed Cool Whip and pudding together in another bowl. I pour the Cool Whip and pudding mixture on top of the Snicker and apple mixture and stir together. This keeps well in the fridge for a couple days.

125 calories, 22 carbs

Pack into small containers for easy, healthy snacks for those sugar cravings wherever you are. This is listed in the food database under Homemade- Apple Snickers Dessert.

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OMG this looks awesome! Do you know how much fat is in it?
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    how much is a serving size?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    How many servings does it make? It sure sounds good!

(oops great minds think alike):laugh:
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ohh how delicious that sounds! Thanks for sharing!

I will need to try that.... SOON! :happy:
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    How many servings does it make? It sure sounds good!

(oops great minds think alike):laugh:

The food database says that a serving is 1/8th of the batch. So I guesss it would need to be divided in to 8 equal servings. My educated guess would be 1/2 cup but I dunno! :smokin:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    oh gosh this sounds delicious!!!!
    thank you
  • brittanyb00
    brittanyb00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This may be a dumb question but... Do you use pudding that's already made or just the powder?
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    This may be a dumb question but... Do you use pudding that's already made or just the powder?

I personally don't think it's dumb question, how are you going to know if it's not stated.

I also don't know about the nutritional information, I took the ingredients listed and came up with 181 calories, 29 carbs, and 7 grams of fat. (made without milk), but maybe I'm using the wrong ingredients.

1 Regular size cool whip lite (2 tbsp., 25 servings)
    3 medium granny smith apples, peeled
    2 regular sized bars of snickers (2 oz, (57 grams)
    1 - 3.4 oz box of jello sugar free chocolate pudding mix
    Added together and then divided by 8

Now if you use milk to make the pudding then you would need to add the value of what ever kind of milk that you use.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I just created a double batch with the idea to take it to a party today--Way too good!! I think I will keep it all for me. :tongue: The serving size is about 3/4 cup--It made a ton!! Yummy
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious...sweet tooth here so i always want alternatives
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    can someone please tell me what cool whip is? I don't think we have it in OZ or maybe we call it something else?
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    can someone please tell me what cool whip is? I don't think we have it in OZ or maybe we call it something else?

Cool Whip is the brand name for a whipped topping that has less fat then whipping cream. It's really popular here. There are also generic brands but Cool Whip is what we call all tub brands. There is a lot of controversary as Cool Whip is concerned because of all the perservatives used to make it.