Scale Won't Budge :'(

Options
2»

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I appreciate the feedback-and you are right, a lb is a lb....my clothes feel better on my body so for today I think I will just focus on that and let the scale go...I usually only weigh myself twice a week--and I only "count" my friday morning weigh in. I was up a lb and a half today but I do believe that was from water to repair my muscles from a hard workout yesterday! Again, thank you, I think I was having a moment but I am going to just focus on how loose my jeans feel today! I will need to go down a size soon!

Great outlook!! We all have our moments where we freak out about the scale, but in the end that shouldn't make us or break us. Also don't weigh yourself when you are sore, I like to weight at the beginning of the week before I start my work outs.
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    @ladyraven68:

There would be no point in working out if you just ate back the calories you burn off. Thats like me saying my body needs 2200 calories a day to maintain the weight I am at and then MFP says to eat 2000 calories a day to lose weight. What would be the point in losing 500 calories a day in exercise just to eat it all back and still have taken in 2000 calories? You lose more weight by eating fewer calories AND losing calories by exercising. Sorry but never will agree with eating back calories you have lost to lose weight.

And I was not arguing. She mentioned that she is not losing pounds but is feeling a difference in her clothes. I was telling her that muscle takes up less space than fat but still weighs the same. That is probably why she has lost inches and not pounds. She is losing fat but replacing it with muscle.