JUNE STARTERS - TUESDAY'S BRAG (misc. chat)

Options
So this may sound stupid to some people, but I feel like sometimes if we brag on ourselves a little bit for something that we've done it boosts our attitudes and with everybody stressing about not eating/drinking too much this weekend for the holiday I figured we could all used a little attitude boosting (or at least I could haha)...

So my brag for today... I went to subway for lunch and got a 6 inch turkey sub with just lettuce, sweet peppers and mustard =] no mayo or cheese which is a HUGE thing for me because I love mayo and cheese and I always used to drench my subs in mayo...

another brag (haha i'm on a roll)... tonight i'm going to do my day 2 of 30 day shred... i did it last night and i'm actually excited to do it again tonight.. .my legs are hurting a little bit, but that's just shows a. that i'm wayyy out of shape and b. that it's working =]

haha, so who else has a brag for the day?? :heart: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    So this may sound stupid to some people, but I feel like sometimes if we brag on ourselves a little bit for something that we've done it boosts our attitudes and with everybody stressing about not eating/drinking too much this weekend for the holiday I figured we could all used a little attitude boosting (or at least I could haha)...

So my brag for today... I went to subway for lunch and got a 6 inch turkey sub with just lettuce, sweet peppers and mustard =] no mayo or cheese which is a HUGE thing for me because I love mayo and cheese and I always used to drench my subs in mayo...

another brag (haha i'm on a roll)... tonight i'm going to do my day 2 of 30 day shred... i did it last night and i'm actually excited to do it again tonight.. .my legs are hurting a little bit, but that's just shows a. that i'm wayyy out of shape and b. that it's working =]

haha, so who else has a brag for the day?? :heart: :flowerforyou:

AWESOME IDEA, MY FRIEND!!!

Erica, I am so proud of you. You are doing so well!!!! I am about to start my 30 day shred!!! I just got it yesterday!!! Woo Hoo...I will be a day behind you, so you can let me know how it goes :happy:

Let's see, my brag.... I have done incredible on my Coke addiction :laugh: I had one yesterday, but I have totally gotten down to maybe one every 2 to 3 days. When I was drinking 3 to 4 a day! So, I am excited about that. AND I'm amazed at how better I feel.
    I have taken care of the caffine headaches with Crystal LIght energy. It has caffine in it, so it is helping me "wean off" the stuff :smile:
    I also lost 3.4 lbs last week, so I was excited about that!!

OK JUNE STARTERS...
    Who's next?.... :happy:
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    wow that's AWESOME kandyjo!! good job!!

i've been having alot of headaches too lately... i never thought it could be the caffience because i didn't drink many sodas a day... mmm i think i have some crystal light energy at home... how many packets do you drink a day to calm the headaches?

and I'll definitely let you know how it goes.. sadly i couldn't do the whole thing (told you i'm out of shape) so i just did as much of it as i could and if i wasn't doing what they were doing i was doing butt kicks or running in place so that i stayed moving, i figured anything is better than nothing and i'll get better each day =] idk how some people do level 3 and stuff like that though haha... i'm thinking about doing level 1 for 30 days, level 2 for 30 days, then level 3 for 30 days... so that i can stretch out the use of the DVD =]
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Yay for this thread! :happy:

Today our teacher sent around a bunch of terrible cookies for us to eat on the last lecture day, and I only had 8 animal crackers. There were oreos and ginger snaps but I resisted!

Another brag :) I made Kool-aid last night, which I used to put a cup and a half of sugar in. I put a cup of splenda in and didn't put as much water and I was pleased with the taste. I used to despise "fake sugar" taste, but I'm getting used to it!

Keep up the good work ladies...brag it up too!!!!
    :heart: :heart::heart:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats all!!!!!!

My brag:

Passed on pizza had a yogurt instead!

Lost 7lbs from 7 days ago just changing my diet and 30min a day of workout! WOOO WOOOO!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    That's awesome, all of you! :drinker: You're all doing GREAT! :flowerforyou:

Hmm.. my brag for the day would be that I started week two of the couch to 5k program this morning, so I've graduated from 60s run/ 90s walk intervals to 90s run/120s walk! My legs felt like they were going to fall off after the second last interval, but I pushed through it and the next without cheating!! :bigsmile: I even burned 100 more calories than last week's intervals!

I've been totally slacking on the 30 day shred, mostly because I already do the couch to 5k, and go to the gym.. so all three can be a little much. But my goal is to do it at least once or twice a week. I also have both wii fit and ea active that I can switch things up with. And of course the fantastic AB CHALLENGE which is pretty much like torture :bigsmile: :laugh:

Thankfully I have so many different tools at my disposal I don't think I can get bored!! I can just never make up my mind which exercise to do! :laugh:

I'm also really excited that I'm only 1.2 pounds away from the 10lbs lost mark!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    wow that's AWESOME kandyjo!! good job!!

i've been having alot of headaches too lately... i never thought it could be the caffience because i didn't drink many sodas a day... mmm i think i have some crystal light energy at home... how many packets do you drink a day to calm the headaches?

and I'll definitely let you know how it goes.. sadly i couldn't do the whole thing (told you i'm out of shape) so i just did as much of it as i could and if i wasn't doing what they were doing i was doing butt kicks or running in place so that i stayed moving, i figured anything is better than nothing and i'll get better each day =] idk how some people do level 3 and stuff like that though haha... i'm thinking about doing level 1 for 30 days, level 2 for 30 days, then level 3 for 30 days... so that i can stretch out the use of the DVD =]

I usually have just one packet...that makes two bottles of water....one packet= 2 servings...
    I don't have it every day, just when I feel like I "need" it or want a special treat :happy:

You can really monitor your progress by slowly working up to doing all of level 1. That way you can really tell that you are getting stronger. Every day, try to do a little more until you are doing the whole level 1 !! JUST whatever you do STICK WITH IT!!
    I can't wait to get started!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Oh yay for this thread!!

My company bought lunch today and it was pizza and antipasta salad with the dressing on it already and cheese sticks. *drool But I resisted. I had my Smart meal and an apple. :happy:

Over the weekend my family had a huge get together. Nothing healthy. Not even a fruit or vegggie tray. Just fried chicken, potato salad, cheeseburgers and sausages. I didn't touch any of it! (Since I didn't know how many cals/ fat were in anything.) I waited til I got home and made a chicken salad. YAY!

O.k. one more. I work a full time office job then a pt overnight job. Usually on the night job for my hour break I take a nap (since I don't get to sleep much.) but last night I brought my excersice ball to keep in my locker and I worked out instead. I had so much more energy than if I would've taken that nap. Now I can't wait to get home to go to bed. (Shhhhh, I'm at work.)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is HARD! I hurt myself doing it and so I stopped to give my foot heal time and never really started it again, but now I am ready to go at it again! The more you do it the better you get and the easier it gets.
    My Brag is that I was so close to eating a pizza slice yesterday, like soooooo close! Had it in my hand and everything! Then my son asked for another slice so I gave it to him instead! I had none! My sweet son saved the day! That is so great for me to not have pizza. I must be a strong willed person after all! :happy:
    It also helped that I logged the cal first so I could see how bad it was, the fact that I could remove it after dinner made me feel so great!
    I have also been good on drinking my water. A few co-workers have told me wow, you are eating so healthy! That feels great 2 :drinker:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Oh yay for this thread!!

My company bought lunch today and it was pizza and antipasta salad with the dressing on it already and cheese sticks. *drool But I resisted. I had my Smart meal and an apple. :happy:

Over the weekend my family had a huge get together. Nothing healthy. Not even a fruit or vegggie tray. Just fried chicken, potato salad, cheeseburgers and sausages. I didn't touch any of it! (Since I didn't know how many cals/ fat were in anything.) I waited til I got home and made a chicken salad. YAY!

O.k. one more. I work a full time office job then a pt overnight job. Usually on the night job for my hour break I take a nap (since I don't get to sleep much.) but last night I brought my excersice ball to keep in my locker and I worked out instead. I had so much more energy than if I would've taken that nap. Now I can't wait to get home to go to bed. (Shhhhh, I'm at work.)

Great Job! You rock
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Measured myself this morning and weighed myself. WOW- Total I've lost 10.5 INCHES!!!!!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

And another pound! YAAAAYYYYY!!!!

I feel so giddy! I'm jumping up and down and probably scaring the cats. I can't stop smiling :bigsmile:

Oh man I'm so excited and happy! Sorry for the uber-giddy post- I'm just soooo excited!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I made cookies last night for our trip(for everyone else, I love to bake) and I didn't eat one, NOT ONE!!!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    I am about to start my 30 day shred!!! I just got it yesterday!!! Woo Hoo...I will be a day behind you, so you can let me know how it goes :happy:

I just ordered the 30 day shred and should be getting it on Thursday!!! I'm super excited. I would love to know how you two are doing. Maybe we can report to each other in a couple weeks to see how we're doing!!

Also, my brag for the day. My co-worker brought in peppermint patties (my favorite!!) and I only had one of the mini ones. And last night I really wanted to eat something before bed but i decided against it and went to bed instead!

Great job everyone!!!
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    That's awesome, all of you! :drinker: You're all doing GREAT! :flowerforyou:

Hmm.. my brag for the day would be that I started week two of the couch to 5k program this morning, so I've graduated from 60s run/ 90s walk intervals to 90s run/120s walk! My legs felt like they were going to fall off after the second last interval, but I pushed through it and the next without cheating!! :bigsmile: I even burned 100 more calories than last week's intervals!

I've been totally slacking on the 30 day shred, mostly because I already do the couch to 5k, and go to the gym.. so all three can be a little much. But my goal is to do it at least once or twice a week. I also have both wii fit and ea active that I can switch things up with. And of course the fantastic AB CHALLENGE which is pretty much like torture :bigsmile: :laugh:

Thankfully I have so many different tools at my disposal I don't think I can get bored!! I can just never make up my mind which exercise to do! :laugh:

I'm also really excited that I'm only 1.2 pounds away from the 10lbs lost mark!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

how is EA active? My boyfriend and I have been talking about buying it but haven't because we haven't heard many reviews about it. Thanks!
  • schlieffen
    Options
    how is EA active? My boyfriend and I have been talking about buying it but haven't because we haven't heard many reviews about it. Thanks!

I like it! It's definitely more cardio-oriented than wii fit, and has a lot of different exercises. I find that the resistance band that comes with the game is pretty weak, so I either fold it up or use small hand weights. I also don't know how accurate their calorie count is, I haven't actually tried it with my HRM to see the difference. Personally I think its worth it, it makes a workout fun :smile:
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    that's awesome... i think i'm going to try to talk my boyfriend into buying me a HRM this weekend... whats your opinion on the best for the price?
  • schlieffen
    Options
    It really does depend on your budget... you can get a cheaper one for 20-30 dollars, but if you can swing it I'd go for one with a chest strap and a few more features. I have a polar F6 and paid 119 (canadian), and I love it. I decided on that model over the cheaper F4 for one key feature... the F6 has a coded transmitter (while the F4 is uncoded) so there is less interference with other radiation. I really had to work myself up to shelling out the money, but finally talked myself into it by realizing its an investment in my health! So far, absolutely no complaints! :heart:
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    wow i'm about to look on a sporting goods website now and check on the polar f6... my boyfriend is allll about supporting me and my weight loss so hopefully once i tell him how much it'll help me he'll buy it for me haha (poor thing, his birthday is July 19th haha so its almost like buying me something for HIS birthday) ha but that's okay... he's getting a GPS for his birthday he has NO IDEA about so it should be a good surprise =]
  • schlieffen
    Options
    There are also many, many threads about HRM on MFP, so you can give those a read too for some other opinions. Your boyfriend's going to end up hating me (suggesting the F6 and EA Active) :laugh:

GPS, ooooh! Spoiled bum :laugh: although be honest, you're only getting it for him so that you can check up on where he goes hehe, jk :laugh:
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Lets see, well, I haven't been working out, but because my parents are in town, we've been acting like tourists and I have been walking everyday for at least 2 hours each day (so kinda working out without really thinking I am...). Yesterday, we walked for 3 hours!

And today, my Mom and I made my Grandma's perogies, and I used to eat all the filling and about 20 while we made them, but today I only ate 4, and four for lunch! That's like a miracle, honestly! haha.

Congrats to everyone who got to brag today!!!! :drinker:
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You all are doing soooo GREAT!
    My Brag for today is that I have stuck to all of my excercise goals so far for this week...which is huge for me considering I have to start at 5a.m. and I am NOT a morning person.
    The down for me is that we are SUPER low on money (like I was digging for quarters for gas today) so I am having to eat whatever is in the house, which is our "food storage" which means yucky processed foods, and hardly any veggies or fruits. But it's okay it should only be like this for another week, I will just have to work out harder. :happy: I miss my fruit sooooo bad! It's funny cause I used to be the total opposite...so I guess that is a brag :wink: Craving fruit instead of junk food.

Keep up the good work!!