Anyone freeze fruits for smoothies?

Options
2»

Replies

• raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    YES!!! This girl! :) I buy strawberries and bananas and cut them up and store them in freezer bags ... 2 large strawberries and 1/2 a banana cut up per bag. My recipe is super good too and very filling. I also freeze my yogurt in 1/2 cup serving containers ... more cost effective and better for you then buying frozen yogurt plus thickens up the smoothie to a more milkshake consistency. :)
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fruit that I cut and freeze in freezer bags makes waaay better smoothies than fruit you buy frozen at the store, in my opinion! I do keep fresh bananas on hand to add in when I make my smoothies (they blend better than frozen). Don't be afraid to add to it! A handful of spinach will give a fiber/calcium boost and go completely unnoticed... I often add honey, vanilla or a few almonds. Yum!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I buy Costco's Wawona Tropical Fruit; mango, papaya, pineapple & strawberries; in the freezer section.
    Just because fresh fruit spoils so fast.

I like mine with yogurt, but have been told people make smoothies / slush with them.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    YES!!! This girl! :) I buy strawberries and bananas and cut them up and store them in freezer bags ... 2 large strawberries and 1/2 a banana cut up per bag. My recipe is super good too and very filling. I also freeze my yogurt in 1/2 cup serving containers ... more cost effective and better for you then buying frozen yogurt plus thickens up the smoothie to a more milkshake consistency. :)

I would love your recipe if you don't mind to share with us all :)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have froze clementines and bananas before. I just peeled them, cut them and laid them out on a plate to freeze.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aldis where you leave they have a great selection of frozen fruit that is priced good.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this question. I didn't even think of freezing my own fruit! Definitely saving this idea as smoothies have been my breakfast every morning.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I freeze all my fruits! To prevent them from drying out or getting freezer burn I put it in the juice that I'm going to make it with so all I have to do is blend and serve.