I know it's shallow

Options
2»

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Where I work (and live) the women over 40 have mainly let themselves go - what a pitty.
    I'm sure they appreciate your pity. Good thing you're such a humble, pefect guy.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    As a woman over 40 who has let herself go, don't underestimate the cause of that. For many of us it happens because of a change in priorities...taking care of a husband, a house and kids often comes before taking care of self. When a mom who works outside the house has to come home, make dinner, clean house, chauffeur kids to their activities that keep them fit, there's not much time to get to the gym. And if there is we are just too damn tired.

MFP has been a good place for me to get myself back on track. Good luck to all in their endeavors. BTW, I do love looking at photos of those of you with great successes! What motivation!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's shallow.

It would be if looks where the only criteria which a person used to assess or judge another person by. I don't think that's the case for the majority of people here.

A natural appreciation of the human form is healthy...
  • bill99jones
    Options
    As a woman over 40 who has let herself go, don't underestimate the cause of that. For many of us it happens because of a change in priorities...taking care of a husband, a house and kids often comes before taking care of self. When a mom who works outside the house has to come home, make dinner, clean house, chauffeur kids to their activities that keep them fit, there's not much time to get to the gym. And if there is we are just too damn tired.

MFP has been a good place for me to get myself back on track. Good luck to all in their endeavors. BTW, I do love looking at photos of those of you with great successes! What motivation!

The question was not meant to denegrate. Threre's nothing wrong with eating whatever you want or not exercising if that's what you want. I just like eye candy!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it shallow!... I would say it's more like "enjoying the view."
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Enjoy my pics then.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    raises hand. I love all the people on MFP who went out and got the bodies they wanted. No matter how old they are :glasses:
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The question was not meant to denegrate. Threre's nothing wrong with eating whatever you want or not exercising if that's what you want. I just like eye candy!
    [/quote]

We all like a little eye candy, and don't mind being eye candy either. Part of the reason I'm on here.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Enjoy my pics then.:laugh:

Currently enjoying! :wink:
  • Zero2hero2013
    Zero2hero2013 Posts: 458
    Options
    me too, i browse through photos of people loads! and i add anyone i like the look of, the fact that they are hot is a by product of them working hard and eating right. and i whenever i look at my friends photos i nearly always leave a comment on their wall.

i just hope and pray someone will do the same for me. nothing better then hearing omg what changes you look gorgeous! unless the person saying it has no picture thewn its just creepy, and its harder to accept a compliement from mystery.

i do not add pretty gals that are pro anna (not on purpose) and i do add not so pretty people that are trying or have made changes through hard work! but generally i see them become the person they want to be and that is the sexiest thing ever! achieving your goals and having the confidence to post up the picture
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm here to lose weight. If I wanted to be a creepy, on line old man flirting with cyber hookers I'd still be at myspace.com.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    raises hand. I love all the people on MFP who went out and got the bodies they wanted. No matter how old they are :glasses:

This^^^
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I thought this is what people meant when they say: browsing the forums :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I thought this is what people meant when they say: browsing the forums :laugh:

i call it, freshening up my friends list
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm shallow. I browse. But I don't add them because I'm too shy.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I think you're just the only one brave enough to admit it :wink:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Not all women over 40 let themselves go and how can you judge other people if you don't have your REAL photo up?
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    is it shallow if i browse my own pics a lot? my body looks amazing sometimes i wish i could jump myself...