low cal pancake recipes?

Options

Replies

• claricecollins
    Options
    1 cup flour (I use whole wheat or gluten free)
    1 tablespoon sugar (I used organic cane sugar)
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 cup soymilk or almond milk
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil (You can substitute it with apple sauce)

Mix all the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients. These are vegan pancakes and you can do variations on them by adding cinnamon or fruit into the batter. There honestly the best pancakes I've ever had, and pancakes have been a huge food fear of mine for year. :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Someone posted one the other day. Haven't hada chance to try it yet. Only 20 calories each!

2oz low fat cream cheese
    2 egg whites
    1 packet of truvia
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Combine and cook like regular pancakes. (makes 4 pancakes)
  • heidi61
    heidi61 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Bisquick HeartSmart mix is great for those mornings when you're too lazy to make 'em from scratch. MFP likes 'em too...check the database, but I think it's something like 140 calories for two pancakes.
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is my goto recipe from All Recipes.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/good-old-fashioned-pancakes

I make a view changes
    1/2 whole wheat flour & 1/2 all-purpose flour
    substitute 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce for the butter
    I've used skim milk, 2%, or almond milk all with good results (I've also soured the milk with vinegar)
    I also add in 1 tsp of cinnamon
    Reduce baking powder to 2tsp & leave out salt to reduce the sodium

I usually get 10 pancakes at 80-100 calories each depending on the type of milk I use.

If you use frozen berries or unsweetened applesauce it is also really good instead of syrup.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    3 egg whites
    half of a banana
    dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
    splash of vanilla extract

Blend it all up in the blender until really smooth and cook on your skillet. Yummmmm
    I usually have them with sugar free syrup and sometimes I sprinkle some walnuts on them while they are cooking =)
  • annettehoyt
    annettehoyt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love a lot of the recipes on chocolatecoveredkatie.com but my favorite is her apple pie pancakes. My husband hates sweets for breakfast but he loves these, and my son is a picky eater as well and he loves these. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/10/07/hot-apple-pie-pancakes/

Great with a dap of fat free cool whip and pure maple syrup. Whole recipe (3 to 4 small pancakes!) is only 130 calls!

Also another recent favorite since I know you like peanut butter is is:
    http://ohsheglows.com/2009/08/05/healthy-peanut-butter-coconut-swirl-pancakes/

Also good with plain maple syrup and bananas sliced up on top!

I have been craving good healthy pancakes too lately! Those are my favs
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to my recipe on my food blog:

http://jillskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/2011/10/breakfast-of-champions.html

There are plenty of ways to make them healthier than they currently are, like using whole wheat flour, skim milk, etc, but I like them the way they are and taste is important too to me haha. I usually throw in a couple dark chocolate chips to mine, which would up the totals a little as well. My guy friends ask for these at least every other weekend. I haven't made french toast (my favorite) in months because they always beg me to make pancakes instead!

Cal: 288 for 3 decent sized pancakes
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just use the recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook and triple the recipe ( have three teenagers...enough said), but use skim milk, swap out one cup of flour and use 1.5-2 cups of oats and use only half the oil the recipe calls for (I add that much more skim milk for the lost oil). No one ever notices a thing...not even the oats. The problem I have with pancakes is that I love putting butter and lots of warm syrup on them.....that is where I feel the danger lies. So I'm trying to be better and use fruit syrup (not much better in calories) but just a drizzle and then top with fresh strawberries/blueberries and some Rediwhip whip cream (a few tablespoons is only 30cal. It will never be like my beloved smothered pancakes and syrup ( and when I'm really going overboard, top that also with vanilla ice cream and whip cream).....but.....once I reach my final goal and am on maintenance, I will do a day or two of extra workouts and treat myself ONCE in a while.....
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Call me weird, but I recently discovered my daughter's Apricot baby food is really good on french toast. I imagine it and other sweet pureed fruits would do well on pancakes. :) Healthy and delicious.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    1 Banana
    1/4 Cup Steel Cut Oats
    3 Egg Whites
    1 Whole Egg
    1 Tsp Molasses (optional)
    Cinnamon

Grind up oats in blender. Add rest of the ingredients. Makes 2-3 large pancakes. 393 Calories and 23g protein. They are awesome.

Made these this morning, OMG delicious! I topped it with a little bit of peanut butter! So good!
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    1 1/4 cups gluten free oat flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 cup apple juice
    1/3 cup apple sauce
    1 egg
    2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
    Scant salt

In a medium size blow, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. In a small blow, mix together the egg, apple juice, apple sauce, and coconut oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium to medium/high heat. Coat pan with oil to prevent sticking. Once pan is hot, pour pancakes using 1/4 cup measurements. Flip when bubbles form. Makes about 14 pancakes.

1 pancake=69 calories. If you want to add this to your diary. It is on the database called: Rachel's Recipe Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

ENJOY!

I wanted to try this out this morning. I wasn't able to do oat flour but did 3/4 cup wheat flour and 1/2 cup white. I didn't have apple juice so used milk and added a cap full of apple cider vinegar. Also tossed in a scant 1/4 cup sugar and a chopped apple. Delicious!
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump! Apples dipped in pancake batter is GENIUS -- I'm going to try it with banana slices!
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This website has super duper yummy low-carb pancake recipes, among other tasty delights. Found the link on another message board thread...

e n j o y

http://www.proteinpow.com
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Someone posted one the other day. Haven't hada chance to try it yet. Only 20 calories each!

2oz low fat cream cheese
    2 egg whites
    1 packet of truvia
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Combine and cook like regular pancakes. (makes 4 pancakes)

I've tried this - its easy for every oz of cream cheese use either 1 egg (yolk and white) OR 3 egg white equivilant (my carton says 3 TBL egg white per one egg)..skip the cinnamon and sweetner/sugar..and add a splash of vanilla extract yum!! I have done it a few times -throw ingreedients in food processor and mix well..it may not LOOK like much but you pour into medium heated skillet (I use a small one to keep the pouring amnt in check) and it easily makes 3 to 5 thin yummy pancakes.

I will admit ..its not JUST LIKE pancakes - I do miss the doughieness/flour-ish real taste of pancakes when eating these but for a low carb, lower fat (with egg whites) and lower sodium treat, with some light maple syrup and a pat of unsalted butter these are great!!

**they cook quickly at a medium high heat - so flip after a minute, total cook time for each 'cake' is less than two minutes or you get a burned mess!! lol aslo the plated result VISUALLY resembles a real pancake - that goes a long way for my tastebuds and satisfaction level. Honey nut cream cheese is tasty too, in lieu of just plain cream cheese - and I'd stick with full fat cream cheese..it just holds up better and is more satisifying in my book.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1 Banana
    1/4 Cup Steel Cut Oats
    3 Egg Whites
    1 Whole Egg
    1 Tsp Molasses (optional)
    Cinnamon

Grind up oats in blender. Add rest of the ingredients. Makes 2-3 large pancakes. 393 Calories and 23g protein. They are awesome.

I made these this morning - except I didn't process the oats and I just used two small eggs, instead of 3 whites and a whole, and added some wheat bran and about 2 tablespoons of flour to get the right consistency - they tasted really good! :smile:
  • 20kisses
    20kisses Posts: 5
    Options
    This was a post I copied and pasted from the recipes thread under gluten free, low carb pancakes that I read yesterday. I have not tried as I am not an egg fan. I love me some pancakes and usually just eat (try to)one made from a regular recipe. Sometimes you have to splurge or at least I find I do otherwise I am obsessing over pancakes the rest of the day. (there is a picture of the finished product on the actual tread and they look delish)

2 oz. low-fat cream cheese
    2 eggs (whites only)
    1 packet truvia
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

77 calories for 4 pancakes

Blend all ingredients until smooth and cook as you would with regular pancakes. Add whatever toppings you'd like to kick it up a notch! I love adding a few chocolate chips and topping with berries.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    check my blog!!! I got a couple including blueberry and blackberry pancakes, triple berry pancakes, strawberry cheesecake pancakes and pumpkin spice! all low cal/fat/sugar! :)
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I make them every other sunday pretty much and get a lot of my pancake recipes from chocolatecoveredkatie.com I made apple pie pancakes this morning and I think with a chicken sausage link my bfast was around 385 calories?