Any Eurasians (Caucasian-Asian mix) out there?

Options
I'm not new here but I'm just wondering if there are any Eurasians or Caucasian-Asian mix out there (this includes White American, White Latino, Australian, Canadian etc. that are mixed with Asian). So far I have only met White, Black, Asian & Latino but never a Eurasian. Our unique genetic background makes us lean on either one side or the other. I'm Spanish Mexican-Filipino mix & I get most of my characteristics especially my body type from my white side & most of the time I get confused especially when it comes to determining BMI given that Asians in general have lower BMI because of lower bone density but carry higher percentage of body fat compared to other races which is why they have different set of BMI standards. On the other hand, Caucasians are mostly in the happy medium & the average BMI standard generally applies to them. In my case, my body leans more towards having higher BMI but lower body fat percentage compared to most Asians of the same height & weight. Even when I was still overweight by normal BMI standards at 27 (obese category for Asian BMI standard), my body fat percentage during that time was only 28% which falls within the acceptable range. Of course my highest weight is out of the question as I was really obese in both standards & in the body fat percentage. Right now my body fat plays between 19-21% & BMI at 22 which puts me at the "high-end" of normal range in Asian BMI standards. I don't know if being a halfie has something to do with this.

I would love to meet fellow Eurasians who shares the same genetic background & how you guys deal with this.

Replies

• angmberry
    angmberry Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm Philippino and Spaniard.... I am short and muscular....am normal after being obese...but have always been muscular/stocky. I currently have a 24 BMI and am healthy and fit. I look at my family (BOTH sides) and I see where I get my body composition. Not every one fits the standard mold. I wish I had a willowy Asian physique! It all comes down to acceptance. Learning to love what you have and make the best of it. I personally struggle with that everyday. I too want to compare myself to others and it just doesn't work. My friend, weighs 20lbs less then I do....XS top, size 3 pants.....I'm a S top size 5 pants....most of the 20lbs is my muscle.....the number drives me crazy. lol
  • angmberry
    angmberry Posts: 6
    Options
    haha I call myself a Spanipino and have not met another as well..... :)
  • VelvetRose21mfp2015
    Options
    I'm Eurasian half Malay/Australian. Many Eurasians here in Melbourne and also in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Genetic mix up will definitely contibute to our size that won't match either race.
  • deoindofx
    Options
    Im blackenesse... So where do i sign to become eurasian?