Fasting Training to cut body fat %.

Options
BaliRun
BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
Not sure if this should be under nutrition or fitness.

Always heard about fasting training. I remember in collage always going to the gym in the AM before breakfast.

My schedule now is not as predictable. I work night shift. Some days i wake up at 6am usually have breakfast and then got my workouts at around 9am.. Other days I get home from work at 8am sleep till about 3pm, wake up eat something and then go to the gym at around 6-7pm. There is usually a gap of about two hr from the time I eat until i work out. the truth is I wake up with an appetite.

I don't really have a huge problem with my weight but I really want to cut some body fat especially around my thighs.

My stat:
5'5
120-123lbs.
Body Fat % 17-18
goal BF% 12-14
I eat around 1500 cals a day (give or take)
my training is varied, i do just a little bit of everything. (weight training, HIIt, spinning, running, yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, TRX, kettle bells... ect. )

I guess my questions are:

1) is eating before my workouts hindering my fat loss?
2) any research that Fasting Training helps to reduce bf%?
3) if yes, how is it done?
4) does it have to be done everyday or does it matter if some days I fast and some days I don't?

Any other tips (nutrition or fitness) to help me lose the extra fat is welcome.

thank ya

Replies

• Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'd like to know too!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My opinion for what you want to accomplish, is that you need to increase your weight training significantly. Genetically you might not be able to get the gappy thighs but you need to change your body composition with your body fat % that low.

The time of day or what is in your stomach when you train is irrelevant.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something about an hour to an hour and a half before working out just because I tend to get sluggish during my cardio portions if I don't. However, I don't like to eat any closer to my workout than that because I get lethargic when I workout with a full stomach. As far as fasting before a workout increasing fat loss? I'm no expert, but it sounds hokey to me. Can't really put my finger on it, but something about it just doesn't make sense to me. :ohwell:
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i work out in the morning right after i wake up and have a protein shake for breakfast ... weight loss has been slow for me - a lb or two a week but I'll take it.
  • cookie1148
    cookie1148 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My opinion for what you want to accomplish, is that you need to increase your weight training significantly. Genetically you might not be able to get the gappy thighs but you need to change your body composition with your body fat % that low.

The time of day or what is in your stomach when you train is irrelevant.

I agree with this.....do more weight training.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options