Hungry Girl Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Options
HG's Chocolate-Banana Smoothie

Go Bananas!
Chocolate + banana = AWESOME. This insanely good smoothie recipe is ripped straight from the pages of our #1 New York Times Best Seller Hungry Girl 200 Under 200. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 packet Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets diet hot cocoa mix
1 small ripe banana, sliced and frozen
2 tsp. fat-free non-dairy powdered creamer (like Coffee-mate Fat Free Original)
1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
1 cup crushed ice or 5 to 8 ice cubes

D irections:
In a tall glass, combine cocoa mix, powdered creamer, chocolate chips, and sweetener. Add 1/4 cup very hot water and stir until ingredients have dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water and stir.

Transfer contents of the glass to a blender. Add frozen banana slices and ice. Blend at medium speed until completely mixed. Pour into your glass and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire smoothie
Calories: 164
Fat: 1.5g
Sodium: 160mg
Carbs: 35.5g
Fiber: 3.75g
Sugars: 18g
Protein: 3g

POINTS® value 3*

I added a scoop of protien powder to fill me up of course that would add to the calories, fat etc. Also added Peanut butter too! Enjoy it's so good!

Replies

• AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    This sounds really good, especially because there is no yogurt in it!! I hope to try it sometime!! Thanks for posting!
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Options
    mmmmm - yum - sounds delish!:tongue:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great! Now I'm hungry again!
    lol:drinker:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    I have this book (I won't rave about it though). This is a great smoothie in regards to calories BUT like Kimberly did you have to add something extra....it has an after taste (similar to aspertame) if you can deal with that taste then yeah it's yummy :wink:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    wow this sounds good
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    ooh I made this last night and it is delicious :wink:
  • miztizabebe
    Options
    HG's Chocolate-Banana Smoothie

Go Bananas!
    Chocolate + banana = AWESOME. This insanely good smoothie recipe is ripped straight from the pages of our #1 New York Times Best Seller Hungry Girl 200 Under 200. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
    1 packet Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets diet hot cocoa mix
    1 small ripe banana, sliced and frozen
    2 tsp. fat-free non-dairy powdered creamer (like Coffee-mate Fat Free Original)
    1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
    1 cup crushed ice or 5 to 8 ice cubes

D irections:
    In a tall glass, combine cocoa mix, powdered creamer, chocolate chips, and sweetener. Add 1/4 cup very hot water and stir until ingredients have dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water and stir.

Transfer contents of the glass to a blender. Add frozen banana slices and ice. Blend at medium speed until completely mixed. Pour into your glass and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire smoothie
    Calories: 164
    Fat: 1.5g
    Sodium: 160mg
    Carbs: 35.5g
    Fiber: 3.75g
    Sugars: 18g
    Protein: 3g

POINTS® value 3*

I added a scoop of protien powder to fill me up of course that would add to the calories, fat etc. Also added Peanut butter too! Enjoy it's so good!

wow that actually sounds yummy! i have been addicted to smoothies lately! especially for the morning...but i crave one after dinner and a chocolate banana smoothie sounds really good around that time! i will try it hopefully tonight! thanks!
  • ja2009
    Options
    Thanks for posting this recipe. Sound really yummy...I will have to try it soon.
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    bump