For those doing P90 or P90X...

Options
Just a quick question! My boyfriend decided to join me in my weight loss fun so he acquired both the P90 and P90X systems. I literally just started working out again after a 2 year hiatus with a bum ankle. I've started doing Tae Bo to get myself back in shape. My question to those of you out there on the P90 systems is what level of fitness do you need to be in order to do them? I can tell that the P90X is the extreme one so I won't go near that but I would like to try the P90. Did anyone out there go into it as a beginner and make it through alive? :smile:

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I tried the P90. and Yes you can make it out alive.
    Your stamina, and strength will build up as you do the exercises.

Tony usually has some alternates to some exercises if you can't keep up.
    When I started I wasn't able to keep up. You do as much as you can.
    Every day, every workout, you end up doing more.

I started with Cardio and Sculpt 1-2. I wasn't able to keep up at first for some of the exercises.
    I am now doing Cardio 3-4 and sculpt 3-4

I still can't do Full ab ripper 100 as they have listed. The exercises I don't do, I replace with normal ab crunches.

I wasn't the greatest of shapes when I started, so if that helps answer.

I look at P90X and think, one day I might try it.
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    I have been doing the P90 since February, and when I started I wasnt in the best of shape either. Just start at the beginning and work your way through it. It really does help. You dont have to keep up with Tony in the beginning just do the workout at your pace. In time you will build up to keeping up with him. Good luck.
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hadn't "worked out" in years...I thought I'd be a stud and do P90X. I modified my pace like Tony recommends...after a week I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia (either developed or aggrivated as a result) I guess thats what they mean by Ab Ripper X. Nothing but treadmill and bicycle for me until surgery. Its a shame...I really enjoyed it. I should have been more sensible though...My advice...start off slow and watch out overexerting muscles you may not have used for a while...My goal is to complete the program one day...
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If you are just getting back into working out, I would definitely start with Power 90. It's the intro workout to P90X. It's best to start out at a more manageable level, than trying to push it and getting completely discouraged. Opens the door for failure and more injury.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you ahve questions. Also, as you get started, be sure to log your workouts into WOWY!

Taryn
    www.choose2befit.com
  • pelelovesme
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll definitely try the P90.