Women, bras!

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Boobs are very diverse... You have to find the bra for YOUR sweater meat.

I'm a 36DD with lopsided hysterical melons from three prior surgeries. After years of frustration with muffin tops, underwires busting out, straps cutting into my shoulders, I had had enough. Didn't get along w/ Victoria's bras, hit or miss with Soma, etc. etc. Went to a L'eggs, Hanes, Bali and finally found "the one."

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/playtex-bras/playtex-all-over-support-cotton-underwire-bra

That's similar to my bra of choice (I can't find the actual one, but they're $35 & not cotton). 3 hooks, the way the strap is sewn into the bra in the back (no little plastic *kitten* to break), the light lining, etc... it is my baby.

My mother, the same size as me, found a Bali bra she's in love with. No two boobs are the same... Go try on like mad.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Marie Jo are my favorite and as far as support goes I looked at lulu, under armor, triumph, sportsteck, and a few other brands but found Champion to be the best.

It depends where the wires are poking in. If it's under the armpit or the center panel does not lie flat against your sternum, the cup size is too small. If it's between the rib cage, chances are the band is to small or the cups are to big. If it's poking into the sides of your breast the cups are to small. If it's poking into your sides (where the ribbing is) after the cups the band is to small.

If you're an A to D cup:

Measure your bra band tightly while exhaled. If this gives you a size less then 34: If you're an even number, add 4 inches, otherwise add 5 inches (or 3 inches if the number is 34 or greater). Accuracy goes down as band size goes up. Many manufacturers use this method for "band size". Some use the actual measurement across your band (makes sense...)

While wearing a well fitting bra with no padding, measure loosely around the fullest part of the breast. This indicates a horrible method to get your cup size (they're trying to come up with something new). If this size is for example 35, and your band size is a 30. 5 inches gives a cup size of DD. You just count the letters...A...B....C...D...DD (5 cup sizes up from A).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere_measurement for more information
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    If the wire is poking you, you may be a 38D or higher.

Oh deary. COULD be possible, but I feel like I am small. lol
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    so far all of mine have been Bali (i go to the outlet store) but now that I am due for new ones, Victoria Secret here i come!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wear VS plunge and love it. The only downside is they never have my size in stock 36d.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I can't do VS...they don't carry my size (34E) but I love Intimates...they have a few stores, but I think they're online. They're expensive, but totally worth it!!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market too!!! Good post!
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    I've recently started buying bras from Aerie (American Eagle store for bras, panties, etc). They carry lots of 32Cs in store and have super comfy cute bras! Or maybe I just think they are comfy because they actually fit :) 32Cs are hard to find normally.

Agreed! I've been wearing a 32A since forever, but I went there, got measured, and am currently wearing the comfiest bra I've ever owned (which is a 34B, go figure!).
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    La senza. =)
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Handbras are the MOST comfy ones!!!!

Hi there, nice to meet you!
    HAHA
  • jmcyphert
    jmcyphert Posts: 1
    Options
    I really like Maidenform T-shirt bras. They are still underwire, so you get the support you need, but really comfortable. I would also suggest going to a department store like Nordstrom to get a bra fitting...I just went and found out that I've been wearing a 36C for years but am really a 34D! Even though the band was tighter, the bra was way more comfortable because everything was where it should be.

Happy hunting :)
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    The Lasenza bras I always bought were discontinued .... I agree though get fitted if the underwire is popping out it's too big
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I really hate underwires, but I find the playtex cross your heart bras to be both reasonably priced and durable.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret will measure you so you know for sure. After I lost weight, I was measured and it made a big difference.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret BioFit...I have 5 of them (including a strapless). I have never found a bra I loved so much!

This, right here!!
    Biofit is hands down the best bra I have EVER worn. most comfortable push-up ever!
    VS is totally worth the money to feel sexy and comfortable, but that being said, I only own 3 VS bras, and they're all basic black or nude.... ): I need more money! lol
  • courtxoney
    courtxoney Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i buy mine at kohls, they have the padding where the underwire is cause i have the problem with the wire poking out.

ive noticed that instead of putting them in the dryer i just hang dry them. it helps with not destroying them.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Somebody may already have posted this but....

Lane Bryant (they have size 36B and up) will give you a fitting and their bras (Cacique) are incredible.I swear I have tried every brand out there and so far, I love them the most. They also have really cute styles from full coverage to push up. I am a 40DD and have some VERY cute and sexy bras that are comfy and fit great.

Also DIllards and Nordstroms will do a fitting for you and point you in the right direction.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult to get my size because I'm not sure what it is... I know I need to get fitted.
    But I don't really wear bras a lot, because I'm small, and I live in Texas, so it's pretty hot most of the time, and a cami with the built-in bra-thing (really, it's just a double layer of fabric) does the job.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Love VS!!!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I do the wireless ones from Gap. I travel a lot and well...it's easier with the naked scanners at the airport to do wireless. The new ones have plenty of support.