Help me figure out this entry in my food diary?

Options
I went to the HRC today and ordered the:

LEGENDARY 10 OZ. BURGER
Famous the world over: topped with seasoned bacon, two slices of Cheddar cheese, a crisp fried onion ring, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.

I skipped the bun but had everything else.

I looked up Hard Rock Cafe and "Ledgendary 10oz burger" and it came up with 1500 calories *goes into shock* do you think that's really correct?

I had a salad instead of fries, and ranch dressing on the side.

I am happy to enter it correctly and take the hit but it just seems really high to me. Again I did not have the bun. I did not eat fries (not even one).

Can anyone help me add it some what accurately to my diary?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    hmmm. now I don't know if I had that or this:

CLASSIC 6 OZ. BURGER
    The same great Hard Rock Legendary experience, just in a smaller size. A fresh Certified Angus Beef hamburger, lightly seasoned and cooked to order. Garnished with lettuce, tomato, red onion and pickles. Served with seasoned fries.

i have a photo of it but no idea how to post photos...

ETA: it was the first one. There was definitely ONE onion ring.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The bun is probably only 150 calories at most.

Yep. That is completely believable.

10 oz hamburger is about 600 calories. 2 slices of bacon is 200. 2 slices of Cheddar cheese is another 200.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Looks accurate. 80/20 ground beef 10 oz is about 770cal, bacon 200, cheese 220, onion ring, another 100

Depending on bun size I would say 180 - 220 for a bulkie roll
  • anunknownmouse
    Options
    Don't forget the onion ring which could have substantial amounts of calories, considering they're breaded and deep fried. And the ranch dressing as well. Ranch is killer.
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    thanks guys!

it was one of those little side things of ranch, maybe about 30ml in there?

can you put negative calories in? I could enter it from the database and take like 200 off?
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would just put it in as 1500 and be over by the 180 or so for the bun. I wouldn't "play" with it.
    Also, the little sides are usually 4 tbsp. A lot more then you think when dunking fries into ranch.
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would just put it in as 1500 and be over by the 180 or so for the bun. I wouldn't "play" with it.
    Also, the little sides are usually 4 tbsp. A lot more then you think when dunking fries into ranch.

Agreed! Some of their burger can definitely rise in calorie intake.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! :noway:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Sounds right to me.

The salad/fries replacement may save you a couple hundred. But salads in those places are usually pretty awful too, so I'd put in the full 1500 just to be on the safe side.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You could put the ingredients in separately. I have done this.

You could go to the HRC nutritional information and subtract the cals for a bun from the total and create a new food in the database sans bun. I have also done this.

Restaurant burgers (esp with the combo) are high calorie. I love the Chili's Burger Bites and it is over 1100 calories. I just "bite" the bullet and put the calories in when I choose to eat a burger.

One burger will not kill you or ruin your effort. One burger a day will. Enjoy. :happy:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Yup!

1551 Cals

It's also posted on their website.
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that calorie count sounds right to me.
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options

OK but I have to say one thing, our "sides" here are smaller than what you guys have in the US. I'm sure the ranch was no more than 2 TBSP. and there was no dunking of fries because I had no fries :)
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    Sounds right to me.

The salad/fries replacement may save you a couple hundred. But salads in those places are usually pretty awful too, so I'd put in the full 1500 just to be on the safe side.

The "salad" was literally romaine lettuce, 1/4 of a tomato and two red onion slices. there were two croutons and I took those off and gave them to my friend. The dressing I used on the burger and the salad.
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    ok I'm going to leave it as is to cover for the ranch dressing in any case.

thanks again everyone!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    When it comes to this what I do is put it in as is and then make a "note" at the bottom that has more detailed info on what wasn't included.
    You aren't going to be able to "play" with the calories, so no matter what else you eat you will more than likely exceed your total daily calories.
    The other thing I do is find where other people have kindly put in items such as "Restaurant Burger All the Way, no bun." It's generic but probably closer to what you are looking for.
    If I can't find it under the location where I ate, I look for other locations that have their calories publicly (sp) listed.
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    t4wk8w.jpg
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    When it comes to this what I do is put it in as is and then make a "note" at the bottom that has more detailed info on what wasn't included.
    You aren't going to be able to "play" with the calories, so no matter what else you eat you will more than likely exceed your total daily calories.
    The other thing I do is find where other people have kindly put in items such as "Restaurant Burger All the Way, no bun." It's generic but probably closer to what you are looking for.
    If I can't find it under the location where I ate, I look for other locations that have their calories publicly (sp) listed.

I was looking for other similar entries but didn't really know what would compare since there are places in there I am totally unaware of - size, seasoning, etc. So I am ok to just accept the 1551 (and I've been searching on the web, I can not find the ingredients breakdown, only 1551 cals, period.). I mean I knew I was going out to HRC and I thought what I was choosing was better than not trying to be in control - plus I am not eating bread OR potatoes at the moment so felt pretty ok about the choice I ended up making. Personally I think ALL of HRC's menu items are out of control with calories and fat (and price, but OK...) but I go there like maybe 3 times a year if that.

Thanks for the "note" tip as well :) Next time I think even subbing chicken would be better than nothing.
  • dethjester
    dethjester Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If the ranch on the side is a standard size ramekin, there is no way that is a 10oz burger. Looks like a standard 6oz patty to me.
    <-- Used to work in the food industry.