Why cant people on here show real pics of themselves...

Options

Replies

• Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    <<<< that's the real me
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that's my face. I can't find a celebrity that surpasses my handsome-ness.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    <---This is me in real life I am a jalapeno all hot and spicy...:tongue: bring on the heat:smokin:
  • workoutgirl23
    workoutgirl23 Posts: 267
    Options
    some people are uncomfortable with how they look. but no one should feel ashamed. every one is beautiful.

but this really is a picture of me.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Based on the responses, I think I see what the problem is here.

It's not that there are a bunch of people using models in their profile pics. It's just that there are WAY too many hotties on MFP so OP clearly can't tell them apart from celebrities :wink:
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Based on the responses, I think I see what the problem is here.

It's not that there are a bunch of people using models in their profile pics. It's just that there are WAY too many hotties on MFP so OP clearly can't tell them apart from celebrities :wink:

^^^ I second that!
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    I think part of it is how long you've been on the internet. At first people didn't want any pics, now it's mostly who cares, but I guess some still hold out. I'm in the who cares group.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    This is me.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I dont like putting pictures of myself on the internet for strangers

^This.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options

^This.
    strangers see you on the street everyday
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Mine is my real picture now, before that I had pictures of my dogs. I've thought about changing it back to my dogs so I don't keep getting "inappropriate" messages. I'm not even that hot for gods sake! And I'm not showing cleavage, so what's up with that?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options

^This.

And people make assumptions and judgements about based on your appearance. I have no problem with self-confidence, but I'd rather be judged on what I say/do.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

^This.

Yep, they see you, but they don't have ANY real method of further contact.

It's a little different there man.
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Maybe some people use celebrity photos because that's what makes them feel inspired. There's no rule people have to use real photos of themselves - nor should they feel obliged to.

I think it's only a problem if they go around claiming "That's me!" when it's not.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    <
    Me :smile:
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    I mean really is it that bad.....that you cant show a real pic of yourself...You have to hide behind a celebrity or something you found on the internet...

You're looking to *kitten* aren't you?

NO

BAHAHAHAH thats tooo funnny!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I know I look like a celebrity and something found on the internet (and under your shoe), but really, this is me. Seriously. No kidding.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Different strokes for different folks ! Some people use " other " pictures as motivation, others use " objects " that perhaps make them feel better ... and some people are just shy !

When somebody is ready to post their own pic ... they will. Just be patient my friend ... it's not a one size fits all site !

PS ... All my pics are the ... REAL DEAL ! What you see .. is what you get ... nothing more, nothing less. :flowerforyou:
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Mine is my real picture now, before that I had pictures of my dogs. I've thought about changing it back to my dogs so I don't keep getting "inappropriate" messages. I'm not even that hot for gods sake! And I'm not showing cleavage, so what's up with that?

simple, if it moves they will try to _____ it lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Some of us are super ugly. :angry: