How much fat are you eating daily?

Options

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I eat about 90 grams of fat and try to keep my carbs at or below 80 grams. I don't worry about it too much but I really try to get in all of my protein.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    50-70g!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Fat is usually 25-30% of my total calories. The number of grams that works out to depends on how active I am on any given day - it's usually in 90-115g range.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    on average between 20-30 grams a day. Try eating more veggies, it helps
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 66g per day. Looking over my diary it looks like I usually eat between 40-90 grams depending on the day. There were a couple of pizza and lasagne days where I hit 100 grams but usually if I know I'm going to be eating foods with lots of cheese for dinner I try to keep breakfast and lunch lower in fat.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    5o to 60 grams. I don't worry about fats too much, because I know I only eat healthy ones for the most part. When I was trying to lose, I worried more about keeping my carbs down.
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    about 50g. If it starts dipping much lower I stop losing weight! I get most of mine from olive oil, nuts, eggs, advocados lower fat cheeses and tofu :)

i am wondering if this is why I don't seem to lose any weight. My fat is at 40 but most days I don't even get to 30. This I have just noticed.

I am wondering that if I up my intake a tad then this may help weight loss ? perhaps ? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:o)
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    40% protein, 30% Carbs and 30% Fat. Had a yummy avocado with breakfast. Fat is not the enemy. Food is not the enemy.

How did you come up with the percentage of what to eat of Protein and Carbs and Fat?
  • 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here's a calculator from the University of Maryland on fat intake; it's for normal eating, not dieting, but at least gives you a jumping-off point on figuring out what you should set as your realistic goal:

http://www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/fat.asp
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    healthy fat is good for you. i track saturated instead :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Check your macros....I have always been told by pretty informative people on here to set them at 40/30/30...40% Carbs, 30% Fat, 30% Protein....We can't see your diary so not sure of anything else to help you out but 41g/day sounds low to me...Mine is at 53g/day & I am at 159lbs but that is 30% of my 1600cals/day....HTH!! :)
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I eat 50-100 grams but i eat a lot of avocados and nuts so I'm not worried about it.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    healthy fat is good for you. i track saturated instead :)
    Me too. I don't even know how much overall fat I eat, but I'm sure it's probably considered high. I try to stay under 15 grams saturated though.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    24g is what i try to limit myself to. sometimes end up in the 30s
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    about 50g. If it starts dipping much lower I stop losing weight! I get most of mine from olive oil, nuts, eggs, advocados lower fat cheeses and tofu :)

i am wondering if this is why I don't seem to lose any weight. My fat is at 40 but most days I don't even get to 30. This I have just noticed.

I am wondering that if I up my intake a tad then this may help weight loss ? perhaps ? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think it's because you don't eat enough. There is a lot of info in this group on your BMR and TDEE to help you understand.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • Baurus
    Baurus Posts: 27
    Options
    50-60
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much I work out, anywhere from 50-80. I sometimes go over, but I usually hit my macros, and I'm almost always at or just under calorie goal, so I don't worry much.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    40% protein, 30% Carbs and 30% Fat. Had a yummy avocado with breakfast. Fat is not the enemy. Food is not the enemy.

How did you come up with the percentage of what to eat of Protein and Carbs and Fat?

I changed to this after seeing lots of other people use them successfully. It broke my 6 month plateau and the weights dropping off. I'm also at 1500 cals, so I get 50g of fat and use most of it daily. If I exercise a lot I go up to about 60g x
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

I eat between 50-80 (had to go check because I dont really ever look at that number) I start my day with 1/2 tsp of flax oil blended into my coffee (others on mfp use raw coconut oil which I'll be switching to when my flax is out) then stir peanut butter & chia seeds into my oatmeal. I cook with olive oil and eat lots of nuts & I love avocado! Since adding more fats to my diet I feel more satiated and I've lost 11 lbs in less than 2 months (after yoyoing for over a year up and down 5lbs!)

I do always watch my saturated and transfats. Saturated I try to keep under 20 and trans as close to 0 as possible. look for things high in mono and poly unsaturated which are super good for you!