is it possible to lose ten pounds by may 25th?

Options
right now im a 112 and i really wanna be 102 by summer... can i do it safely?how?
also, are there any tips on toning up and cellulite loss?thanks for your help:)

Replies

• cassidy94
    cassidy94 Posts: 14
    Options
    also, for the past month or two, ive been on the 1200 calorie diet and 3 out of 7 days will binge eat...ive also been getting lazy with working out... i need help
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    No.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    How tall are you, as well? That would play into things. But I agree - safely, no, you can not lose 10 pounds that quickly.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Possible? Perhaps. Would it likely be incredibly detrimental to your health? Yup.
  • HenryCT
    HenryCT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks. But it will not be what you are looking for.

What you really probably want is to lose 10 pounds of body fat, which realistically you will not be able to do in 3 weeks. You can crash diet, and probably lose some fat and some weight in the form of water retention, and possibly some muscle mass as well if you starve yourself.

I would recommend a very low carb diet, high in protein (think tuna, chicken breast, lots of veggies, some healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, etc). Also, strength training. That will be your best bet to burn fat. Strength training + low carb / higher protein. Drink only water.
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    Yes you can. It isnt a big feat. Follow a strict diet and exercise lots. And drink lots of water too. I have heard of massages for cellulite and the only way to tone up is to exercise. (I do yoga)
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    right now im a 112 and i really wanna be 102 by summer... can i do it safely?how?
    also, are there any tips on toning up and cellulite loss?thanks for your help:)

I found this the other day on Pinterest, but I IN NO WAY advise anyone to do anything... just passing along info I see :tongue:

http://theberry.com/2012/05/01/daiy-motivation-16-photos/get-fit-10-3/
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You weigh 112 pounds. No.
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes. Wise? Probably not.

Maybe you should gain 10 pounds? Look, there is one thing I think a lot of men would agree on. Men like boobs. At 100 pounds, you won't have much in the way of boobs, and as such, losing the 10 pounds won't make you more attractive or better looking, it may well do the opposite.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    you buy the rocks ill smoke em with ya!
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    Yes, you can lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks. But it will not be what you are looking for.

What you really probably want is to lose 10 pounds of body fat, which realistically you will not be able to do in 3 weeks. You can crash diet, and probably lose some fat and some weight in the form of water retention, and possibly some muscle mass as well if you starve yourself.

I would recommend a very low carb diet, high in protein (think tuna, chicken breast, lots of veggies, some healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, etc). Also, strength training. That will be your best bet to burn fat. Strength training + low carb / higher protein. Drink only water.

This is exactly what I wanted to say but more eloquently :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    You weigh 112 pounds. No.

This.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

WORD
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Sure, just cut off both of your arms.

No, but really, there is no safe way to lose 10 lbs in 20 days. The most you can expect to lose, doing it RIGHT, is *maybe* 3 lbs. More like 2.5. You already recognize that you have a problem with binge eating, so it's up to you to stop yourself from doing that.
  • cassidy94
    Options
    i
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Yep! I agree with this person. But seriously, HOW TALL ARE YOU?
  • morganlachapelle
    Options
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mostly likely not. You don't have much to spare. You are definitely better off focusing on strength training, intervals, and eating clean for the next couple of weeks to see improvements.
  • LaurieAnne78
    LaurieAnne78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Ahahahhaaha!! I busted out laughing when I saw this!! LMAO
  • cassidy94
    Options
    How tall are you, as well? That would play into things. But I agree - safely, no, you can not lose 10 pounds that quickly.
    5 ft 2