need some non-sugary cereal ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Original Rice Krispies. I was in the hospital in February for a week and that's what they gave us for breakfast every morning. Would think it would be Cheerios instead, maybe they're healthier?? I am hooked on them now, I have them almost every day and 1 cup (a bowl for me because I have small bowls) is 100 cals w/out milk.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like Cheerios and the Regular Special K.... Put some berries in there and you are good to go. You could probably even put a packet of Splenda and a spoon of Cocoa powder but I would mix that in with the milk and pour it over the cereal.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wheatabix and a teaspoon of stevia- with some yogurt on the side, it's my favourite breakfast.
  • devinstarr
    devinstarr Posts: 3
    Options
    Special k or raisin bran, or total. And use almond milk, it's tasty. They make chocolate almond milk too, could add that to substitute for the chocolaty delight. Only 60 calories per 1 cup serving
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    my go to cereals are wheaties, fiber one, and Kashi, and plain old oatmeal
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Look at the nutrition info. Try to find cereals with less than 8 grams of sugar per serving. Be careful with Kashi and other cereals that seem healthy (and many of them do have healthy benefits, but if the sugar is what you are concerned about then they may not be the ones you want to eat). Many of them are not that low in sugar. Also, anything with dried fruit is going to increase the sugar/carb content. I have been eating special k protein plus with fruit and it is pretty good. Some others that are low in sugar are Cheerios (most varieties), Life, Shredded Wheat, plain Fiber One or bran flakes, Rice Krispies.

I actually just looked at the nutrition info on your chocolately delight and it only has 9 grams of sugar. Are you sure that is where your extra sugar is coming from? You might need to find a different breakfast option if you are concerned about the sugar content.
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bran flakes with original almond millk. Already sweet enough! Didnt think I would like it, but its really quite good!
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well...see lots of people like Go Lean...I do to...but oh baby, I better plan to be home the rest of the day. Can anyone say BEANO please. So....I decided to make it a bit more tolerable. I get a large plastic container and combine a box of GO Lean, a box of either Special K Protein or Bran Flakes, a box of Fiber One and a box of Cheerios....I keep the mixture in the plastic container and it lasts a good while...well duh. I add strawberries and blueberries or bananas and sprinkle a couple packets of splenda on each bowl for added sweetness. I think that covers all the healthy cereals, ha ha.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I like grape nuts with yoghurt, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth...