4 Weeks in, no weight lost.

Options
2»

Replies

• Sboncy2685
    Sboncy2685 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just shock your body, maybe try a diet like the sacred heart diet. Or even do no carbs for about three weeks. You will see a change. You also should change up your workout. If you were doing for example only 30mins of running try 45 or 50 mins...........
    Also stay on s strict diet, like only veggies and try to cleanse your body
  • stewartcarden
    stewartcarden Posts: 126
    Options
    Try once or twice a week eating like an actual pig , stuff your face ( with nutritionally good things ) and see if the spike can boost your metabolism (: .

Try switching your diet around too , if you eat the same things all the time your body will just do the exact same things with it as before.

Make sure you drink a lot of water , cutting out sugar and fizzy drinks worked brilliantly for me.

And make sure you rest a lot if working out hard too (:

Starvation mode doesnt sound like whats happened , more of a platueu in the sense that your bodys adjusted itself to the methods you are using. Switch it up a bit man (:
  • Jannelley87
    Options
    I've been using MFP for almost a full month now. I've been tracking diligently and haven't missed any days. I'm trying to lose my last 20lbs, but I just can't seem to shed them. I've been under my calorie goals, working out several times per week and eating balanced.

I am looking for some advice and help here as I am starting to get a bit frustrated.
    Thanks

Hi again, I looked some at your diary and it seems, in general, you're in-taking a lot of sugar. Besides upping your calories like bast2112 wisely suggests, I'd suggest adding the sugar column to your diary so you can keep track of this as well as lowing your sugar intake (primarily lowering sugar that is non-fructose). here's a helpful article one this (it is one person's knowledge and experience on this matter) http://naturalbias.com/how-to-eliminate-sugar-from-your-diet/
    To add sugar to your "nutrients tracked" in your diary, click the FOOD tab, and then the Settings tab under that.
    Also, have you ever calculated your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate)? This is under the "tools" tab. This will calculate the amount of calories you'd burn in a day if you laid in bed all day. I'm becoming more and more convinced that one should never go below their BMR calorie intake (an expert at a fitness center I used to go to even told me to not go below 1500, my BMR). I imagine your BMR is definitely more than you have been consuming (esp. this last Sunday).

Hope this helps at all--take care!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice everyone. Sounds like I have some tweaking to do to my diet. I'm going to shock it up and see what happens :)
  • golf4birdies
    golf4birdies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try looking at and reducing your carbs, which is basically sugar. When you eat grains (bread, rice, pasta, etc.) it turns to glucose fairly rapidly. (Less rapidly if it is whole grains, but still provides your body an insulin rush.) This then can result in your body storing the carbs/glucose as fat. Pretty much what you DON'T want to do.

I've been eating a low carb diet after readying "The Diabetes Solution" and then "The Primal Blueprint." I'm a diabetic, so my first concern is my blood sugar and less about weight. However, that said, my husband and I are both eating low carb, feeling full/satisfied and definitely losing weight.

Everyone is different, just thought I'd offer what has worked for me.

I'm tracking my diabetic journey and goals on my blog at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/golf4birdies
    Or if you want to check out the website about low carb eating and all the reasoning behind it, go to www.marksdailyapple.com.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    What is your weekly weight loss goal set to on MFP? Set it to 0.5lb per week if not already.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I am 27 years old, 6' tall, 222 pounds. I run a few times per week and do weights (rushfit) other days.
    I was 380lbs in my teens and lost that weight doing Atkins but this time around I want to be healthy.

I am going to up my calories to jump start my metabolism and try eating back some of my workout calories as suggested.

I want this to work so I am willing to do whatever it takes.

Based on your stats, you should be eating around 2700 calories a day total.

BMR is around 2193
    Moderately active with working out 5 days a week

TDEE = 2193 * 1.55 = 3399
    CN = 3399 * 0.8 = 2719

If you eat that along with 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats and stress ST more than cardio, you should be able to cut pretty well. Also with this method, you do NOT eat exercise calories as it's a part of the TDEE calc.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Based on your stats, you should be eating around 2700 calories a day total.

BMR is around 2193
    Moderately active with working out 5 days a week

TDEE = 2193 * 1.55 = 3399
    CN = 3399 * 0.8 = 2719

If you eat that along with 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats and stress ST more than cardio, you should be able to cut pretty well. Also with this method, you do NOT eat exercise calories as it's a part of the TDEE calc.

Thank you. I calculated my BMR and it was at 2640 - so almost exactly what you quoted. I'm going to focus on eating more and lifting weight/doing my crossfit. I love to run so I'll do that as well but I'll add more strength in.

This seems to make sense.