I just got more motivated...

Options
So yesterday I came home from work and had ribs thawed out for supper (a boca chicken patty for me - yuck to ribs). I had the potatoes ready to go in the oven when my fiance walks in the door and says "let's go for a walk". Well immediately I thought, "Oh great! What does he want to tell me". So I said, "I'm about to put supper in the oven and on the grill, can we talk here". He says "No, no... I actually want to go for a walk"... me, being clueless, I said "Oh like exercise".

Turns out he saw a guy that he hasn't seen in 2 years and he told him "Holy f***, you've put on a lot of weight". First of all, I would knock someone out if they said those exact words to me... but I guess for guys it's different (?). So now he's on a health kick and I'm very excited. It seems like I've ALWAYS been dieting and I struggle because I tend to "slip" a lot. (Not looking for advise... I'm on the right path now). So after 7 years, my Fiance is finally in this with me - I feel like a team. Almost like I can (and will) do this now. I'm so stoked!

Replies

• krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    that's awesome! i totally know how you feel! my boyfriend and i have been together 2 years, and in the last 4 months or so he's gotten way more into working out and started P90X. It makes me feel much less guilty (i don't know if that's the right word but...) talking about my up and down weight, and eating a more appropriate amount of food etc... i'm also really proud that i've inspired someone to get fit. he has some health problems that would be easier to manage with a better diet and if he lost a bit of weight. :) i like the idea of being a team too! :bigsmile:
  • tanyalynnjohnson
    Options
    That is so awesome. Congrat's to you 2!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that he had to hear that, but at least he's now going to do something about it and you two can motivate each other!