Special K Diet...

Options
I was looking around for some help with what foods to eat and I came across specialkdiet and it looks pretty good. It doesnt seem to be exspensive at all. Just thought I would pass it along to all of you. I will be starting this plan at the first of the week.

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've done this before. It worked for me.
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Hey Zara,
    Just out of curiousity, after you finished the special K diet, did you put the weight back on?
    I just don't like the idea of eating cereal twice a day and then going back to my usual meals.. know what I mean?
    thanks,
    timeforchange
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    if you need something to get you into the groove, then this cant hurt.

We need to learn how to eat right. I used Slim Fast..........or slim slow as DH called it because he would drink a can with his super sized meal and not lose weight:laugh:

What is different this time then all the others, and I have been doing this for a year, is I have learned how to eat.

Good luck and I hope it works for you!!

:flowerforyou:
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I've tried it since I love special K, but it takes 2-3 servings of special K for me to feel full. as the "sensible meal" is so vague. As many of us learned when we started here, some things we once thought were sensible are totally full of calories. But then again, if you like special k and feel full on it, then this will work.
  • BubbasMomma09
    Options
    Did the cereal and bars plus the water actually fill you up?
  • kaassiia
    kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    special k tastes good the first few times but the flavor gets old after having it twice a day for 2 weeks. i personally dont really like cereal so i especially dislike having it twice a day but if you dont mind eating it then go for it! i also never felt *satisfied* and would end up eating something else after too.:blushing:
  • lroz5
    lroz5 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat Special K as a snack during the day (I especially love the Vanilla Almond!). I read about the diet, but was wondering how to return to eating "regular" meals after losing the weight. I was worried about gaining the weight back, so I didn't try the diet.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    It seems a little unbalanced to me without much protein especially if you are doing intense work outs and, it may be a good jump start, but it sees like it would be really easy to go back to your old eating habits after. Just my opinion.
    Plus, I found out cold cereal is one of my trigger foods. If I have one bowl, I want another and another.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it. Diets fail. I think you just need to learn to eat properly. I followed a similar plan and lost a lot of weight, but feeling deprived is inevitable, and eventually you will probably start eating everything in sight. :P
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    Fiber one cereal is better. I think 14 g of fiber in 1/2 cup of cereal. Steel oatmeal with nut, raisin or banana is yummy.
    Special K, I'm still hungry after eating, high sugar , not enough fiber.. it tastes good tho.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I eat Special K for breakfast on the days that I know I'm going to eat a lot and be really full, but I don't want to skip breakfast.

That basically explains my opinion, but I'll have to say one thing . . . I got the Special K pilates DVD, and it is awesome!:happy: Although the first 5 minutes was all about advertising Special K products . . . :yawn: