Woke up way too late to eat 5 meals.

Options
What do I do? I stayed up real late last night studying for finals and then woke up too late to even make it to them :( Besides that, it's now two o'clock. There is no way I can eat 5 meals, so I'm trying to figure out where I Should start. Will it still be safe for me to do Insanity ttoday? I really don't want to not do it.

Replies

• riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    Food timing doesnt matter. Calories at the end of the day does. There are many, many studies that disprove that meal frequency has a significant impact on weightloss. Go to leangains.com where intermittent fasting is discussed.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to eat 5 meals?::frown: Eat what you would have in two or three meals, just don't stuff yourself before you exercise but make sure you eat something before.....
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Breathe and stop stressing so much! You should be fine. Just eat some slightly bigger meals or make sure you have higher calorie snacks like peanut butter or something. One day low on calories is probably not going to do much.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure what the problem is - eat now, eat some more later. There is no rule that you HAVE to eat 5 times a day.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    eating for metabolism is largely horse****. so.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I would eat before my workout as you're not used to doing fasted workouts and don't want to feel weak. For the rest of the day, eat decent food in line with your goals until you are no longer hungry. Then stop.

You do not need to spread your calories over five meals. If you are short a few hundred calories one day it will not matter.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure what the problem is - eat now, eat some more later. There is no rule that you HAVE to eat 5 times a day.

The problem is too many people want to believe that there are rules that allow them to stop thinking, instead of guidelines that they have to monitor and adjust based on their observations.