Foods you used to hate but now like/love?

Options
I've been eating healthy & exercising for 3 weeks now (Wednesday was my 3rd week)...I've noticed lately now that I've been eating healthier and exercising that my tastes for new vegetables & fruits has grown. Example, today I went to Publix to pick up a half sub and I had them put onions and peppers all over it (giving them another try seeing as I used to hate onions & peppers)...when I started eating I really enjoyed them and wish I would had just gotten a veggie sub instead of turkey. Anyone else had this success lately?

Replies

• delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love earthy flavours like humus, seaweed, tofu, spinach, beans, sesami oil... ( btw try dipping a banana in humus!heaven!! )
    I don't like salty or really sweet stuff anymore.... like ketchup, fruit juices, instant soup.
    Anything with aspartame or monosodium glutamate leaves a weird sting on my tongue.
    And cakes with gelatin toppings or dipping sauces with gelatin or any thickener just turn me off.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I used to hate peppers. Now I make a chicken and vegetable stir fry with red and green peppers and green beans and I find myself digging through the pan for more peppers! YUM!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    processed sugary foods leave a bad taste in my mouth, though I still eat them. I like beets now though.
  • tdismydog
    tdismydog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    my list could be pages long i think

things i have tried for the 1st time in the last 2 years
    yogurt
    asparugus
    mangos
    blueberries(raw)
    strawberries (raw)
    greek yogurt
    ff cheese
    ff sour cream
    sweet potatoes
    protein pancakes
    blood oranges
    tofu
    kale
    spinach
    feta cheese
    i could go on and on.....
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese, vinegar, buffalo/hot sauce
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I used to hate avocados....now I just can't seem to get enough!! Yum!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Onions. I use to hate them, now yummmmm. Especially grilled onions. :heart:
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Spinach, peas, and carrots.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options

grilled onions! yum! I like to wrap my onion in foil after I put a tablespoon of fat free italian dressing on it. Ohh maybe I will make some with my grilled chicken tonight! YUM!!!!!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Water. I could NEVER drink water, EVER, now I drink loads of the stuff :drinker:
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As you can imagine, I have made many changes. I don't have a taste for grease or sugar anymore. As for new things, the biggest is cottage cheese. I never could stand it and gagged if I took a bite, but with some prodding from my nutritionist, I experimented till I found a way I could eat it. Now it's my go to breakfast, I find that it helps keep my weight loss going and slims me down more, all while keeping me satisfied. The way I like it is with sugar free vanilla Torani syrup and either diced peaches or sliced bananas, totally changes it into something good.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    i used to hate oatmeal i always stuck to recees puffs, capn crunch, frosted flakes... now i eat oatmeal almost every day!! you can also put peanutbutter in it and its AWESOME!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Another water convert here, I used to hate it now I drink as much as physically possible.

Broccoli and carrots.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Broccoli
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Water. I could NEVER drink water, EVER, now I drink loads of the stuff :drinker:

^^This! I would go months w/o drinking water! Now I crave it all the time and my mouth waters when I open a cold bottle of water.....yummy and refreshing!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Gelsemium
    Gelsemium Posts: 43
    Options
    Apples and cinnamon! I used to hate them so much, but now I love them and eat them daily!
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, I used to hate asparagus and now i can't get enough of it. Yum Yum!
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options

You should try roasting some vidalia onions up with red and green pepper, and asparagus!!! DELICIOUS!
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There weren't a lot of foods that I truly disliked before I started living a healthier lifestyle. I do notice that ultra-sugary stuff makes me sick, and even one or two hash browns or french fries isn't appealing to me like it used to be.
    I constantly crave steamed brocolli, salmon, peanut butter, carrots...
    Oh, and in the last year my love for water has become unparallelled by anything else - like, nothing... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, is as satisfying as a cool bottle of water to sip on.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts! Don't hate ;)