30 day shred, starting July 1st! day 1-10

Options

Replies

• 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would love to join too!!! I'm new to MFP just today! I wish I had joined sooner... oh well. Will find the youtube video and start tonight!!!

Only measurements I have so far...

Weight: 288lbs
    Waist: 46.5"

I hope I can keep up! I think I'm MUCH larger and heavier than everyone else doing this. Here I go!
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Welcome new shredders!!!! It doesn't matter when you start!! i'm still on level 1!!
  • rosehaven
    rosehaven Posts: 9
    Options
    I'd like to start too! I just moved into my new place and am almost finished unpacking... clearing the boxes out of the way so I can shred! :laugh:

Starting weight as of today: 160
    Bust 39
    Waist 32
    Hips 39

Goal weights:
    Aug 1 - 153
    Sep 1 - 145
  • rosehaven
    Options
    Just finished the first workout of my 30 days shred! Whew! Time for a shower! haha! I definitely wanted to turn the dvd off after the 2nd circuit and laughed when she said "don't even think about it". I got through it though even with little tiny breaks and modifications here and there. Next time will be better I'm sure, and I'm hoping by the end of the first 10 days I can whip through it like butter! :laugh:
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would like to join I started to do it and did 3 days. Then I went camping it's going to be a struggle for me on weekends but I will do this!

5'4
    SW: 165
  • megmryan
    megmryan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started looking in to the Polar F4. How does it keep track of your heart rate? is there some monitor connected? Do you just wear the watch? I have seen some monitor band. Do we have to buy that too? I read some reviews. Most of them were very positive, but some said they don't think the calories are correct. What do you say? Thanks in advance for all the answers. It seems like an awesome weight loss tool and stylish!! Oh, one more, can you wear it all the time like a watch??
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Finally able to get on-line with my stats:

Weight: 165 lbs
    Waist: 33"
    Hips: 39-3/4"
    Thights: 23-1/4"

Day four finished this morning, and I can get all the push-ups done on the toes in the first round of circuit #1. My hope is that by the end of the first 10 days, I will be able to do all the push-ups on my toes. :bigsmile:
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Hi Shredders!!!!
    Okay, so I took a day off from Shredding on Monday, so technically today should have been my day 10 but it was only day 9! However, I'm sure it was day 10 for some of you and that means you might be thinking about moving on to level 2? Who's moving on?! I was thinking I'm going to stick out level 1 for a few more days - yesterday was my first day NOT trying things modified.. and holy crap I can only do 3 real pushups.. I'd like to try things UNmodified for a few more days before I move on!
    Tell me what you guys are doing! Or plan on doing!
    Also, when I made this thread I added "day 1-10" in the name..with the intention of making a new thread at the beginning of every level.. but we're all in different places so this will be our ONLY thread!
    Ciao for now,
    Lindsey
  • rosehaven
    Options
    I just finished my second workout. I'm sweating again like crazy but I found it a bit easier already! Yesterday I had that "good sore" feeling. I knew I wouldn't be able to work out yesterday and since I was sore it was probably good timing in order to give my muscles a rest.

I hope this exercise high carries me through the day like it did on my first day! I felt amazing! Happy weekend everyone! Keep moving!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I have now done 3 days of this and I love it!:love::love: :love:

I feel the soreness every morning when I wake up, but it is a good feeling.

Is anybody else doing anything besides this dvd? I'm running 3 days a week, about 3 miles a day...

I haven't measured myself, but when earlier this week I was 132 lbs. Hopefully I'll be less in 30 days! I have done both the on the knees and on the toes pushups!

Mary
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Mary, I'm running 3 days a week about two miles, and 2 days will be kickboxing DVD's for 30 min. I also walk my dog every morning and evening for 15 - 20 min. I will be doing only the Shred and one morning dog walk on the weekends.

Had to force myself to do more toe push-ups on the second round, but I did it. :drinker: Have you all seen Natalie in the 2nd circuit not doing the lunges? She is only doing the bicep curls when Jillian goes over to Amanda (I think that is her name! :ohwell: ). It always makes me feel better that I'm working out harder than she is. :laugh:
  • Marinewife1125
    Marinewife1125 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am in on this too, but I actually started yesterday!
    Today was my second day, and even though I could barely move all day, I worked up my strength and I DID IT!!!!
    I felt so much stronger and I did my 20 minute Turbo Jam also!! Yay me! :)

My weight 199.4
    Goal for this month is to lose 10 pounds.
    Not sure if I am gonna make it this month because of my plateau I have been on for a little while, but I am gonna keep trying!

Ultimate Goal 118.
  • Marinewife1125
    Options
    I saw that too!! It made me feel stronger that I could keep going and she stopped!
    YAY, for all us who are pushing through!
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i'm still going but i fail at the push ups. it like the only time im cooling down is with the chest flys but then she does that thing with lifting the weights to eye level ouch not for so long.

has anyone else wondered what she is about to say there. she goes "the reason we are doing this..." then breaks off and says "look at these girls they don;t even cheat when my back is turned" then she doesn't finish what she was saying. bugs me everyday.

oh well level two next week i hope. waiting till i can complete level one with out stopping at all.
    good shredding everyone
    x:smile:
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    :sad: you all are making me feel waaaay out of shape!! i bought the dvd months and months ago and tried it once. I guess I gave up too easily. I'm pretty....top heavy, so the jumping jacks is torture to me. So the dvd has been staring at me through the dust (hoping it would get covered enough that i would never see it again hahaha - joking)

I guess I will give her a try again tomorrow. I'll be a level behind but you will all just be my inspiration to keep going. I just joined a new gym too so I'm hoping I can actually move to get to work between these 2!!

Good luck everyone!! :smile:
  • timeforchange
    Options
    :sad: you all are making me feel waaaay out of shape!! i bought the dvd months and months ago and tried it once. I guess I gave up too easily. I'm pretty....top heavy, so the jumping jacks is torture to me. So the dvd has been staring at me through the dust (hoping it would get covered enough that i would never see it again hahaha - joking)

I guess I will give her a try again tomorrow. I'll be a level behind but you will all just be my inspiration to keep going. I just joined a new gym too so I'm hoping I can actually move to get to work between these 2!!

Good luck everyone!! :smile:

hahaha oh my god i feel your pain. i find myself trying to control my arms when doing the jumping jacks so it doesn't hurt as bad.. but the butt kicks that we do later AHH.. instead of holding my arms at a 90 degree angle i hold them across my chest lol.
    you should definitely dust off your copy and start up with us!!!!!!
  • Marinewife1125
    Options
    Alright, just checking in. I did my 20 minutes yesterday, and I also did my Turbo Jam Cardio Party, I needed an extra calorie burn.... I ate REALLY bad.
    Today I did my 20 minutes...Today is day 4 for me!!! Also I am weeding my flower beds... they have never been weeded... we just bought a house, so It took me 30 minutes to get halfway through the first one... I am gonna be out there all day. :)
    Plus it is SO hott!! I live outside New Orleans so... I might kill over out there.

hugs and kisses everyone! Keep it up!
    ~Julia~
  • dmarie7
    dmarie7 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the chest work when we get to lie down... haha such a nice break!

It bugs me too when she doesn't finish what she was going to say. But I'm pretty sure she is just about to explain why you need to work the big and small muscles together again.
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    oh boy....so i did this tonight. day 1 for me and i feel like such a failure....i modified the jumping jacks (the ladies had waaay too much bounce and everything in my exercise room was shaking....) but my heart rate stayed way up still and i couldn't do ALL of the push ups but boooooy did i smell and feel sweaty and disgusting after!!! :laugh:
  • workitoff09
    Options
    I checked out the video on You Tube and WOWSERS!! It looks hard but I am going to give it a try. Count me in!