Clicking the mouse.

Options

Replies

• LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    Beware the censorship police! :smile:
    "And the more they lock us, the hornier we git! And then Doo says, 'Hey there Loretta, spread me up another one o' them there baloney sandwiches!' "

(A prize to whoever can tell me what movie I borrowed that line from before they lock this thread! :laugh: )
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Coal Miner's Daughter....where's my prize?
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothing for me in Kentucky but a chest full of coal dust!
  • Dynamofan
    Dynamofan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My old dorm roommate from college used to stay up all night doing this while playing World of Warcraft. It was pretty much nonstop and always really hard ... It would drive me crazy!

Oh, I thought we were talking about mouse clicking...
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Being a card carrying expert in this area, you gotta get the big muscles involved just like any other cardio for a good burn

Think thighs and *kitten*. Lots of squats and thigh work.

I'm sure there are various apparati that could be used in an effective manner to achieve both goals. I imagine something knee high that can really get those thighs burning using a dipping motion. A small stool or ottoman could be used in conjunction as well as long as the thighs are doing the work and you're not resting on your knees

Now your heart rate is what the HRM uses to calculate your burn in conjunction with your height, age, and weight. So in theory the faster your heart is beating for a sustainable period of time, the higher the HRM will reflect a burn.

However, since heart rates are typically higher during exciting periods that aren't due to exercising, that burn would be inaccurate but the other thing would still be fun.

Good luck and don't use anything that may have splinters.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Being a card carrying expert in this area, you gotta get the big muscles involved just like any other cardio for a good burn

Think thighs and *kitten*. Lots of squats and thigh work.

I'm sure there are various apparati that could be used in an effective manner to achieve both goals. I imagine something knee high that can really get those thighs burning using a dipping motion. A small stool or ottoman could be used in conjunction as well as long as the thighs are doing the work and you're not resting on your knees

Now your heart rate is what the HRM uses to calculate your burn in conjunction with your height, age, and weight. So in theory the faster your heart is beating for a sustainable period of time, the higher the HRM will reflect a burn.

However, since heart rates are typically higher during exciting periods that aren't due to exercising, that burn would be inaccurate but the other thing would still be fun.

Good luck and don't use anything that may have splinters.

these are very good suggestions....

*remembering for later
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    If you want to burn more calories, be creative. Do it while standing on one leg, do squats, maybe try to incorporate some yoga poses. And make sure to take pictures :)
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    Coal Miner's Daughter....where's my prize?
    It's not much, but... :flowerforyou:

A flower for you!
    Ain't nothing for me in Kentucky but a chest full of coal dust!
    Oh, okay - since you're the only two who came up with it, :flowerforyou: one for you too!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that if this is a daily activity, it would be covered in your TDEE and you would, therefore not need to track it. Just mark your lifestyle as active and you should be good to go.
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's not much, but... :flowerforyou:

A flower for you!

awwwww shucks!!! Thank you!!! :blushing:
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Why on earth is it called "clicking the mouse?" :laugh:

But... heh, am never against this form of exercise myself! :blushing:
  • Camille_Clifford
    Camille_Clifford Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why on earth is it called "clicking the mouse?" :laugh:

But... heh, am never against this form of exercise myself! :blushing:

double entendre. Not only because the activity often takes place in front of a computer screen, but also in the motion occasionally made by the other hand. :blushing:

Thanks everyone again for the responses! I particularly like the ideas on how to burn more calories and utilize more muscles.

Hey, ANY motivation to exercise is good for me at this point!
  • Pengi81
    Options
    Must be an Americanism?

I heard it used in American Pie once

For some reason in the UK it gets called a Kit-Kat Shuffle!

I just refer to it as "having a little fumble" :happy:
  • Banks01
    Options
    Must be an Americanism?

I heard it used in American Pie once

For some reason in the UK it gets called a Kit-Kat Shuffle!

I just refer to it as "having a little fumble" :happy:

Ex GF called it "playing DJ"

think it through
  • Pengi81
    Options
    Total brain fart today - don't get it!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options
    spinning.gif
  • rwinnie2
    rwinnie2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add except thanks for the biggest laugh I have had in ages and I'm so adding this to my excercise routine XXX and if this gets pulled I will be really disapointed ( there kisses by the way not a rateing)
  • Banks01
    Options
    spinning.gif

Scratching anda mixing till it comes just right

THat sounds like a lyric,.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    If bashing the bishop was a good way to burn calories there would be no fat teenage boys...
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options
    If bashing the bishop was a good way to burn calories there would be no fat teenage boys...

cardio is all about duration