Impossible for thin girls to loose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ThinGirlGoFit
    Options
    PS: I don't want to judge anyone or make any judgement based on a grainy profile picture, and I don't want to question your decisions about how you want to shape your own body, but if your "problem spots" are things like wrinkles in the tummy when you sit down, etc, please understand that these are healthy "problem spots" that you really don't want to get rid of except by toning. Don't compare your real-world and beautiful-looking (from your profile picture) self to an airbrushed magazine photo.

Thanks, but its really not just wrinkles, its like this : I always look thin with my clothes on but I can never wear a tight tank top because it looks weird with so small arms and legs and such a short and out sticking belly! I hope you guy understand that I dont think Im fat I just want some edvices how I should do :)
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I was skinny fat for YEARS! Then I started lifting and now I'm HOOKED!! =)
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Here, she's the perfect example.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?show=search

ETA: There are plenty of other ones around here somewhere, just search for them. Happy lifting heavy :)
  • ThinGirlGoFit
    Options
    Thanks for all the responds! First thing tomorrow I'll go buy a gym card! :D
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    PS: I don't want to judge anyone or make any judgement based on a grainy profile picture, and I don't want to question your decisions about how you want to shape your own body, but if your "problem spots" are things like wrinkles in the tummy when you sit down, etc, please understand that these are healthy "problem spots" that you really don't want to get rid of except by toning. Don't compare your real-world and beautiful-looking (from your profile picture) self to an airbrushed magazine photo.

Thanks, but its really not just wrinkles, its like this : I always look thin with my clothes on but I can never wear a tight tank top because it looks weird with so small arms and legs and such a short and out sticking belly! I hope you guy understand that I dont think Im fat I just want some edvices how I should do :)

This is basically the definition of skinnyfat. Like we've all said, start strength/weight training
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responds! First thing tomorrow I'll go buy a gym card! :D
    Good for you! Make sure they give you a personal trainer for the first session to show you how to do it :-)
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. I'm very petite but sometimes need to quickly drop a few pounds for an audition. Changing up the workout helps.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is basically the definition of skinnyfat. Like we've all said, start strength/weight training

It's also basically the definition of being apple-shaped, which I have been blessed with as well. (sigh) Skinny arms and legs, all your fat in the mid-section. To the original poster: what are your waist to hip measurements? If you don't have much of a defined waist, this might just be the way your body is shaped. I inherited it from my mom, and it sounds like you've inherited it as well. Either way, clean eating and lifting weights will get you closer to the results you're looking for.

Here are my 30 Day Shred results from last month (a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels -- I highly recommend it!). This will give you an idea of what an apple shape looks like at a normal/thin body weight without much muscle. (I'm working on building muscle this month!) For reference, I'm a little over 5'9" (176 cm) and 135 lbs (61.23 kg).

9zOLi.jpg
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh yea...if you're not if a hurry, you could go swimming 3x a week instead of weight
  • ThinGirlGoFit
    Options
    It's also basically the definition of being apple-shaped, which I have been blessed with as well. (sigh) Skinny arms and legs, all your fat in the mid-section. To the original poster: what are your waist to hip measurements? If you don't have much of a defined waist, this might just be the way your body is shaped. I inherited it from my mom, and it sounds like you've inherited it as well. Either way, clean eating and lifting weights will get you closer to the results you're looking for.

Here are my 30 Day Shred results from last month (a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels -- I highly recommend it!). This will give you an idea of what an apple shape looks like at a normal/thin body weight without much muscle. (I'm working on building muscle this month!) For reference, I'm a little over 5'9" (176 cm) and 135 lbs (61.23 kg).

9zOLi.jpg
    Thanks for the respond!
    yeah I look just like you do on the first pic (only a little fatter hehe) adn I can see that your making results so Im hoping I can do as well! im starting to lift today but i cant afford a gym card so I have to do do this at home (my boyfriend has a lot of weights).
    Are there any body who know a good site where i can find the best exercises? Thank you all again!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

9zOLi.jpg
    Thanks for the respond!
    yeah I look just like you do on the first pic (only a little fatter hehe) adn I can see that your making results so Im hoping I can do as well! im starting to lift today but i cant afford a gym card so I have to do do this at home (my boyfriend has a lot of weights).
    Are there any body who know a good site where i can find the best exercises? Thank you all again!

Look up the book 'New Rules of Lifting for Women', I've heard amazing things about it
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well, the 30 Day Shred worked for me, as you can see! You only need light weights (like, soup cans) and to follow along with the video for a month. I did each of the three workouts for 10 days.

Here's the whole DVD on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-WiQKi_W8 (who knows how long it'll be up before it gets flagged and taken down, but there are other copies of it out there too. I bought the DVD, but used YouTube a couple times when I couldn't figure out how to use my boyfriend's DVD drive in his computer, haha!)
  • ThinGirlGoFit
    Options
    Haha thanks a lot! I'll check it out! :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im a thin girl who just want to loose some weight (like 6 pounds). But as I started to count kcal I realized that I never ever could eat more than 1200 kcal per day, and so im always like 400 kcal under my NET. And I read everywhere that is really unhealthy and that u wont loose weight if you dont eat atleast 1700 kcal per day. But I dont think I will loose any weight by eating more than I did before.

And btw - Im a thin girl but not too thin and I definetly do not have any eating disorders.

Thank for any respons Im totally confused!

Can you eat 4 apples a day? Would that stuff you beyond reason?

How about if you added 4 tablespoons of peanut butter to those apples??

Do you think you could eat that?

If so, you just ate over 2000 healthy calories.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Erm....glad I checked in on this thread.

OP - maintaining weight for us thin girls is hard. Personally I Used to and still do eat tons (@ 1800 cals min) to maintain my weight. The only meal I have ever skipped in recent years was breakfast. So important now for me to eat breakfast. Currently doing a bit of cardio work too.

Cris - I am soooo grateful for that link - very interesting read.
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    You just need to do some weights and tone up.. Don't look at the scale as you may gain a few but it is muscle..
    I don't pay much attention to the scale now as i know that its more than likely muscle or just an off week with some bloating every now and then :-)