Estimated Calories Burned in Zumba Fitness Rush

Options
So, I did a 15 minute workout on Zumba Fitness Rush for XBox 360. Only 1/4 of the songs I chose were "hard", 2 were "medium" and one was a cool-down. Using my information, it calculated my calories burned at 350!!! That just doesn't seem realistic to me...
I am 6'0" tall, weigh 202 pounds. I was definitely out of breath during the course of the workout, but 350 just seems really high. Does anyone else have a way to estimate my calorie burn, without using a HRM?

Thanks!

Replies

• AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    And if it helps, my FitBit says I burned 360 calories during that 15 minute stretch of time. However, zumbacalculator.com says I only burned 156!
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think at HRM is need really. I plan over the weekend to get my Kinect out are try it with some games. I did try one of those dance games on demo one and it was very energetic. I'd say it would be at the high end of calories burns.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you test it out, would you mind letting me know how close the burn is compared with your HRM?
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ok ill had you as friend then.
  • TMusumeche
    TMusumeche Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did a Zumba class last night using my HRM. I burned 614 calories in 60 min. So thats an average of 10 calories a minute for me.

I also plugged my information in on www.zumbacalories.com and it said I should have burned 594. Thats only a 20 calorie difference. Seems accurate enough for me.

I hope this helps! Good Luck and Have Fun!
  • shimmyjamily
    Options
    Anyone try this out with an HRM to verify?
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm a licensed fitness instructor. For one hour you Havana loose 700-1000 calories. It all depends on your body type and metabolism.
  • smbass62
    smbass62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I got the answer to whether or not the fitness rush. game calculator is accurate.
  • khall627
    Options
    I had the same question, I did a "full class (about 70 min)" of Zumba Rush yesterday and it says I burned 1353 calories. Other times it has been upward of 1400 and 1500 cal depending on which class I choose. The numbers seem a bit high to me.
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The calculator on the game is not accurate. I've used a HRM while playing, and my HRM is always a bit lower than what the game tells me. I don't think the game takes into account any factors like height and weight (at least I don't remember putting those numbers in), so I am not sure how they end up with their calculations.
  • vrutwind
    Options
    Use a HRM because it really depends on your body. 1 hour of a live Zumba class for me burns no more than 375 calories (I'm 5'2 and fluctuate between 107 and 111 lbs)