hitting the protein goal

I am so close to hitting my fitness protein goal of 100 grams daily ...hard to do without protein shakes :(

Replies

• ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Why are you not using protein shakes?
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    if you don't want to do protein shakes as in protein powder...are you interested in natural protein based smoothies?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    I find it very hard to reach my protein goal and not go over on calories everyday without protein shakes also. I try to get as much from food as I can but I do supplement with whey protein most days.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    I find it really hard to hit my protein goal without going wayyy over in sodium.

Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone else NOT have this issue - advice?
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    I hit at least 100 g a day without protein shakes, sometimes up to 140+ with a shake.

I usually have eggs for breakfast, with some cottage cheese and fruit. (Cottage cheese has a lot, and I love it). Others like Greek yogurt for protein in the morning, I tried it, wasn't a fan.

Lunch and dinner is usually chicken or ground beef (5-8 oz), sides of veggies, maybe a bit of potatoes/brown rice.

I also eat Ezekiel bread, has a small amount of protein, and then for dessert/tea after dinner I usually have a PB & apple butter sandwich, gets some more protein in for the day!

It's very possible to do, just hard to hit it with prepared/processed foods, so it takes time and effort.
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    I am so close to hitting my fitness protein goal of 100 grams daily ...hard to do without protein shakes :(

eat leaner meats, low carb and calorie fruits. Then you should be able to drink the shakes without being close to going over in calories.
  • neares49
    neares49 Posts: 12
    I need help with low calorie carbs and sugars any advice.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    if you don't want to do protein shakes as in protein powder...are you interested in natural protein based smoothies?

Im interested in natural protien based smoothies....what ideas have ya got for me!
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    I need to get in at least three protein shakes per day, but my goal isn't 100 grams, it's more like 238 grams. If you can't drink whey protein due to allergies (like me), try egg white or pea protein (or other vegetable proteins as someone has mentioned). Also as others have said, lean meats, fish, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts,and etc are excellent sources.

There are also fruit flavored protein shots that you can get that has anywhere from 24 to 42 grams of protein in them.
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    I need help with low calorie carbs and sugars any advice.

Strawberries, Pickles, Cucumbars, blackberries, apricots, rasberries, cranberries, Pumpkin... Just a few that come to mind....

Stay away from soda, white rice, raw sugar, pasta's including pizza... Bread is also evil...

See there to get a more full list.
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/What_Foods_To_Eat_on_a_Low_Carb_Diet.htm
  • neares49
    neares49 Posts: 12
    very true.
  • osutuba
    osutuba Posts: 40 Member
    How does the system figure a protein goal? What's is based on?