Vein issue?!

Options
I'm no stranger to lifting or cardio, and I know after a good, heart-pounding workout, the veins in your arms and legs can portrude a little. For the past two days, the veins in my hands, arms, and legs have been sticking out like I've just worked an ironman circuit! I haven't done anything strenuous to have caused this. My youngest asked if I'm going to turn green and yell like the Hulk! Lol! Is there a reason for concern or should I call myself "Hulk-ella"?!

Replies

• cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    As you continue to lose body fat, your vein will start to become more pronounced after you get your blood really flowing. This is called "vascularity." Have you recently upped your carbs near your workout time? You can become more vascular with the more carbs you eat.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have, actually. When I lift, I usually tend to lean towards a multi-grain snack before-hand, where after cardio, just something like a protein snack. I have very thin skin to begin with, so this vein protrusion looks pretty creepy! Lol!
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm telling you - a lot of the guys would be pretty jealous! They try so hard to get that vascular look! Haha
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having a little fun with it right now.. told my husband that you can't get "guns" like mine by eating chips..and did a full flex in front of his face! LOL! Told my kids if they didn't finish their work, I was going to show them how a ripped mom takes care of heathens! LOL!