1 year

Options
May 4th, 2011 I weighed in at 215 and my waist was 46" around. I met with a free health coach for the first time at my Dr's office. She put it to me straight. Change my ways or die young.

IMG_0985.jpg

The day before I had 4 pieces of pizza for lunch and 2 for snack. I drank regular Dr. Pepper. I often ate a family size bag of Twizzlers every 2-3 days! I was always hungry and never felt full.

I was on an antidepressant, an anti-anxiety, something for sleep, and something for itchy skin.

My body always hurt. I felt like my height was shrinking. I would sit all day at work and go home and sit all night. My body felt permanently bent in the sitting position. We ate out 5 or so nights and week and most lunches too. When I did cook it was almost always mac and cheese or hamburger helper.

I was tired of being tired and decided to do something about it!

First thing I did was sign up at MFP and bought a postage scale. My portion sizes were much larger then what I needed. I made changes slowly. First was to get rid of pop. I did this by drinking Crystal Light. Then I got rid of that and now only drink water.

I started walking a couple nights a week. 1 mile.

I went to the running store to get some shoes and they told me to sign up for the "Beginner's Luck" class they owner had every year.

The class started the first week and is similar to Couch25K. The beginning was utterly HORRID. Everything hurt more then I could imagine! When we were at about the 3rd class I said to a fellow runner that maybe it was better to be fat. She simply said "never". It clicked. She was right. Being fat meant never fitting into anything, never being comfortable, never being happy, never feeling well. No, those things were never better!

I kept going. Ran a 5k at the end of the summer when the heat index was over 100 degrees and finished in around 55 minutes.

5k7_27_11.jpg

Kept going.

Ran a 10K in October in 80 minutes. The longest I had ran. The first time I never walked.

Run2overcome.jpg
Ran Soaring Wings virtual half marathon at the end of October in 2:47:52.

1_2done2.jpg

I kept running and losing and running and losing.

I signed up for a full marathon in December and started training in January.

I got a stress fracture in February.

IMG_0994.jpg

I started riding a bicycle and signed up for back to back centuries in June.

Sunday is the marathon. I haven't ran but a couple of miles since January. I am going out there and I will see what happens. I refuse to quit and do nothing.

May 4th, 2012 I weigh 133.5 pounds and my waist is 33". (goal was to get to 135)

Total loss: 81.5 pounds

Waist loss: 13"

Pant size: Was a tight 18, now a 4

Shirt size: Was 2XL, now a small

Life gained: Not measurable!

I am not on any of those meds.

(As of right now I can't find my fat girl before pics.)

Here are my after pics. My new goals are to find a weight that is easy for my body to maintain. Get moar muscle. Run farther. Run faster. Cycle farther. Cycle faster. Learn how to swim. Learn how to be happy in this body I have worked hard for!

IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

Also to note. I didn't start out eating super healthy. My eating habits have steadily gotten better over time. 2 months ago I gave up processed sugar. I have since dropped 2 pant sizes while exercising less and eating more... I eat very little processed food and we prepare our food at home.

This is a life style change worth making and keeping.

I am excited to be alive and to LIVE this life and not just subsist!

Replies

• hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great.
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You truly are an inspiration. Your hard work payed off. It's making those little changes and sticking to them. One we understand the benefit of the changes we see we can do even more. Great job!
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational!! Great Job!!! :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Way to go -- that's amazing work and amazing changes in a year! Congratulations!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I look forward to motivating and inspiring the way you have just done. AMAZING!!!
  • crysaldivar
    crysaldivar Posts: 10
    Options
    Great job you look great! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    what an inspirational story!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    What an amazing journey in a year. Congrats on all your achievements.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    So. Awesome. You never gave up, you always looked forward. Good for you, thanks for posting! You are a huge inspiration.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic
  • norwpam
    norwpam Posts: 5
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You look wonderful - so fit. But best of all I love your story - your steps along the way - brilliant. How good that you are off all your medictions, have learnt to eat better - and loving it all. Such determination to do good for you! Thank you so much for sharing, and your inspirational story! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!!! Congrats on all your hard work!! I love your picture when you were running! It just shows how much effort you put into your new lifestyle! Well done! So inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great progress!! Congrats!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    WOW...Amazing dedication to a healthier you!!!!!!!!! Way to go!
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    :smile: Absolutely fantastic!! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!