Angry workouts

Options

Replies

• Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love going to Zumba when I am angry and upset. I get to work off the negative energy and the adrenaline rush is a great mood lightener. It sure beats eating. Before I would eat when I was angry--it was one of my biggest triggers. This is much better.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Haha! Yeah I do! I also listen to music like Korn or Skrillex and it really helps keep the intensity so I burn a ton of calories. I think exercise is a great outlet! Go for it!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with c25k and i've found that some of my best runs were done when I was seriously fuming. :laugh:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym when I'm stressed or overly anxious. I focus on form and clearing my mind and always feel better after. It's not quite the same, but might work for you too.
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Yep, I like to pedal FURIOUSLY! A little bit of adrenalin goes a long way :-)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I love to burn off frustrations at the gym. It's usually cardio for me though.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My best workouts are when I'm totally pissed off. Love it.

One of my gym techniques used to be to look at someone doing something stupid and then in my head get all agro about what a freaking idiot they are. Lol. It really works though.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Angry workouts are the best workouts. I reach heights I'd never normally push myself to.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Love to get a good workout in when I am angry! Cardio doesn't do it for me though, I usualy have to throw something heavy around*

*Disclaimer: Not at others, nor at the expense of good form and technique
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I do my hardest/fastest runs when I'm angry, and always feel better aferwards. :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love angry workouts...but yes...you have to maintain focus...I have actually pulled a back muscle because I was so angry I forgot form...and was really throwing the weights around...

Get MAD at the weights!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I would say angry cardio: HELLS YES. Angry strength training: only after you burn most of your anger off with cardio. Weights require control so you don't injure yourself, so if you're too angry to focus it and do the exercises with proper form, I would skip them. I usually pop in a tae bo or kickboxing DVD if I'm really pissed off and let it all out with the sweat.

Hope you can find peace with or without the workout!

For me personally, I would agree with this.... cardio, YES.... weight training, not really. I like to be focused when I do my weight training and I think if I were angry and distracted by something, I wouldn't really get in my best possible workout and like emm said, I would probably end up hurting myself. But cardio is a different animal! But of course, what works for one isn't necessarily what's best for another.
  • AmericanAesthetics
    Options
    i once was pulled over by a cop and he treated me like dirt.. when ever i run on tredmill i think about his ugly face and before i know it im done doing cardio.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    the cure for rage:

run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run

run run run run run

sleep.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I would say angry cardio: HELLS YES. Angry strength training: only after you burn most of your anger off with cardio. Weights require control so you don't injure yourself, so if you're too angry to focus it and do the exercises with proper form, I would skip them. I usually pop in a tae bo or kickboxing DVD if I'm really pissed off and let it all out with the sweat.

Hope you can find peace with or without the workout!

For me personally, I would agree with this.... cardio, YES.... weight training, not really. I like to be focused when I do my weight training and I think if I were angry and distracted by something, I wouldn't really get in my best possible workout and like emm said, I would probably end up hurting myself. But cardio is a different animal! But of course, what works for one isn't necessarily what's best for another.

Funny. Me too!

Angry is a good time for cardio.

Happy and focused is a good time for weights.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I will hit the treadmill and power through an incline when I am frustrated or stressed. I say go for it and burn off some of that anger
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is great for that!
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    Even without the "angry makes me work harder" thing, exercise releases endorphins, happy hormones, which you can actually get addicted to, so if you haven't worked out in a couple of days that might actually contribute to the anger!
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wednesday was my day off but i ended up getting so mad i couldnt stay in my dorm room...i live in a hotel (part of my schools dorming) and theres nothing but highway around me..so i took a long angry walk along the highway lol...may not have been the smartest thing to do but in the long run i burnt lik 300 calories haha only do what you think you can..but angry power walking is always fun!
  • Sobe1970
    Sobe1970 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. Wish I could say my "angry" will go away soon (it won't :sad: ) but I know a run will probably help, if only for a little while.