Options
gatorginger
gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
Just curious do the morning star products taste good

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I always liked Boca better for the soy 'burger' patties, but if I remember right, Morningstar makes a good fake chicken patty.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    they are okay, nothing to write home about. I don't really care for them because GMO soy they use. There are better tasting veggie products out there like Amy's and Sunshine burgers.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the Morning Star products also, but from what I've tried, I can tell you that they are really tasty! So far I've only had the grillers original and the black bean kinds and those really wowed me.

Currently I've got a box of the 'turk'y' and 'mushroom lover's' sitting in the fridge but I haven't opened either one. I'll keep a head's up for ya.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I recently tried their "Mushroom Lovers Burgers" and loved them.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The Spicy Black Bean burgers are to die for! And I like the "chicken" patties quite a lot too. Boca has a better "burger" IMO.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I prefer Boca, but I am fine with Morning Star too. The one thing that I hated, was the grilled chicken strips (Obviously not real chicken) besides that, Morning Star products taste fine to me.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The Chik n' patties and the tomato basil pizza burgers are my fav!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I love the spicy black bean burgers.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like Dr. Praeger's best... but I do eat the MorningStar Grillers Chick'n and the MorningStar Spicy Black Bean.

I use the Crumbles for Veggie Tacos and the "Meatballs" in Spaghetti. They both taste good, too.
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like them lots! they are lower calorie and taste good too with awesome nutrition benefits. My favs the buffalo chicken nuggets and the asian veggie burger
  • fefetwimom
    fefetwimom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i hate vegetables and i loved them. specially the chicken patty and the rib thingies they had. i had no idea they were veggie until hubby told me
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've liked the chicken patty, grilled chicken, and the original sausage patty. If you want a veggie burger, go for Boca. Much better in my opinion. I recently had a Garden Veggie burger from Morning Star and it made me gag.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I personally really like the original "sausage" patties, chicken patties and the corndogs. The crumbles are very good too in taco salads and chili.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    We really like there breakfast stripes (we call it Facon), and their sausage patties and links.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just curious do the morning star products taste good

Love them! :heart: My kids have no idea that the chik'n patties and nuggets have no actual chicken in them. Plus they also love the corn dogs. I've actually never tried the corn dogs but I've liked everything I've tried. HTH.
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love the sausage links and spicy bean burger, but stay away from the meal starter "chicken" strips!
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Love Morning Star. Not a vegetarian, but my mother is, so i learned to eat Morning Star. Black Bean Burgers are the bomb!!
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Their "chicken" patties, burgers, and breakfast links are good (I much prefer the links to real meat). An even better meat replacement brand is Gardein. Their Seven Grain Chickn Tenders are AMAZING.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I second the chick'n patties, I also like their breakfast sausage.
  • oamber0
    oamber0 Posts: 53
    Options
    I did not read all the entries, so this might be a repeat. BUt I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chipotle black bean burger. There hasn't been a day in almost a year that I haven't had a box in my freezer. So good!!!