Hello

Options
Hello, my name is Kira, and i am 20 year old girl. I am 5'8" approximately, and weigh about 290 pounds. I have been overweight all of my life, and I want this to change. I have tried other diets before, including Weight Watchers, LA Weight loss, and Atkins. I tried weight watchers twice, once when i was 10 and once when i was 17. Both times i did not lose weight while on the program, and therefore, left it. The same thing occured when i was on LA Weight loss, that and they closed shop and took all the money they scammed off people. Atkins, which i did when i was 15, worked some what, but i became really strict with myself that my parents and a doctor had to remove me from it.

I joined this website almost a year ago, but havent really utilized it, as i have been busy with college and work. I haven't really done any plan weight loss in a while, but really want to lose the weight. I am about to enter the job market, and even though it is a harsh reality, employers will not want to higher a overweight girl. I also want to feel healthy and feel more comfortable with myself. I also am in a serious relationship, and want to look better for him, and be able to fit into a good wedding dress in a year or two.

My goal is not to become stick skinny. my goal is to get healthy, and be able to shop at normal stores with out too much trouble. however, for that to still occur, i need to lose about 100 pounds. I also want to become more physically active, and enjoy my youth to its fullest.

For the past six months, I lived in japan, and have just came back to the states. During that time, I have become lactose intolerant. Therefore, i am also adjusting to that new condition. I also cant stand most of American sweets, as they are way too sweet. Caffeine also causes me problems at the moment.

I hope that through the tools on this website, support from people here, from family, from my significant other, and from friends, that I will be to lose the weight that i have been carrying all my life.

Sincerely,
Finally Serious

Replies

• WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Good luck :bigsmile:

This site is a great tool to help you :smile:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome - to MFP and back home!

It's a great time to start MFP, before you get "re-introduced" to sweets and caffeine. They are not great for you, so just stay away from them.

Please take the time to read the "Newbie" posts under the General Diet and Weight Loss tab. There are some very good tips in those posts. There are also some very smart people on this site, who have successfully met their goals, and are willing to share their thoughts and provide support.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: